article thumbnail

Effective Community Management: Best Practices for Success

learnWorlds

Well, this is where community management swoops in as the game-changer. Companies that build strong learning communities , as found by Salesforce in 2021, are 3.5 Learning isn’t just for school; it’s a big player in the professional game too. Ever felt like online learning could use a bit moreā€¦ magic?

article thumbnail

The Angry Birds Community: Social Learning Utopia?

Dashe & Thomson

Iā€™m interested in something more than Angry Birdsā€™ gaming dynamics, though; Iā€™m interested in the Angry Birds community. That means more than 16,000 videos were contributed by members of the Angry Birds Community of Practice. A personal emotional investment creates a desire to return to a social media platform and to participate.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

LearnWorlds Built-in Community: Adding Value to Your Ed-Business Offering

learnWorlds

The power of community in online education is not just a trend but a game-changer. Picture this: a new era in online education, where platforms like LearnWorlds are not just tools but the driving force behind vibrant and interactive learning communities. It facilitates the student-instructor interaction.

article thumbnail

What an offline player means for your learning community

Paradiso

Well, we are getting towards this with an Offline Player for your LMS. An offline player, in the context of elearning, is a program which allows learners to download elearning content when they are connected to the internet, then complete the training later when disconnected. The Offline Player. Old School LMSs. Tin Can Api.

Offline 70
article thumbnail

Engaging Students with Interactive Social Studies Simulations

Kitaboo

Among all the subjects taught at school, social studies remains a challenge for most teachers to teach in an engaging way. It is possible to leverage many other forms of interactive teaching methods ā€“ like social studies simulations ā€“ to achieve the desired outcomes from a lesson. Table of Contents I. What is a Simulation?

article thumbnail

Social Games & Community Development

Usable Learning

So I’ve been doing research for a chapter on social and informal learning that I’m adding the second edition, and I’ve been taking a look at some of the resources on social gaming because they know a *lot* about community development. Core Concepts for Social Experience Design. Social Difficulty Curve.

article thumbnail

Social Learning is Voluntary; Collaboration Platforms are Enablers

ID Reflections

I love this description from Jane Harts post: FAUXIAL LEARNING is about forcing people to use social media in courses ā€“ or even in the workplace ā€“ and then confusing compliance with engagement (and even worse) learning. What social collaboration platform should we use? Does this mean the employees are not engaging in "social learning"?