Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Conference Remove Examples
article thumbnail

ASAE 2010 Annual: Leaders of Communities of Practice

Web Courseworks

Associations are the hub of activity for "communities of practice.” Communities of practice are voluntary. Professionals join to gain access to peers, best practices, and education. What makes associations successful as communities of practice? Learning Made Portable (Monday, 8/23, 8:30-9:45 a.m.).

article thumbnail

My takeaways from OEB18: communities, AI and 3D-smarts and some very practical stuff

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

For the first time in my life I went to the OEB learning technologies conference in Berlin. It was a great conference. Thanks to Wilfred Rubens for pointing me to this conference and tips to navigate the conference. I followed his advice of doing a pre-conference session with Jef Staes which was one of my highlights.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Ten Reasons We’re Excited About MedBiquitous 2017

Web Courseworks

The conference is held each year on the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine campus in Baltimore. MedBiq is a true community of practice. I’m referencing a workshop led by Dr. David Topps and Ellen Meiselman from last year’s conference.) The whole conference happens on one floor of an academic building. Why do we go?

article thumbnail

10 Reasons to Join The eLearning Guild

Web Courseworks

If you are a professional instructional designer or online course developer, you probably belong to the community of practice called the eLearning Guild. They have their regular speaker experts and their annual conferences, and they have their industry vendors who help support the community. “Street” Cred.

article thumbnail

Using a collaborative platform for brilliant learning

Jane Hart

That’s the topic of my webinar at the Online Learning & Skills Conference that will take place on Thursday 28 June from 1 pm – 1.45 Demonstrate a number of examples of social activities she has set up. > Find out more about the online LSG conference that runs 26-28 June here. In this webinar, Jane will.

article thumbnail

Learning Games and Gamification

Scissortail's Learning Nest

Reading Time: 8 minutes Introduction The Training, Learning, and Development Community recently hosted Learning by Doing: Games and Gamification for Instructional Design. It was three days with ten sessions and fourteen speakers that added up to one amazing conference focused on learning games. When the why is clear, the how is easy.

Games 52
article thumbnail

Coherent Implications

Clark Quinn

There are three layers: work teams composed of members from different communities of practice, that are connected outward to broader social networks. And of course they should share their learnings back with the community. How does this model map to choices you make in the organization? The learning should be ongoing.