article thumbnail

Taxonomy of Learning Theories

E-Learning Provocateur

Academia is teeming with learning theories. It can be quite a challenge for the modern learning professional to identify an appropriate learning theory, draw practical ideas from it, and apply it to their daily work. Which theory do you choose? How does it relate to other theories? Where do you start?

article thumbnail

How our learning theories shape how we use technology for learning

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

I read a paper called Perspectives on learning and technology: A review of theoretical perspectives "This paper provides a review of literature pertaining to theoretical references on educational practice and technology from perspectives of learning theories of the 20th and 21st centuries."

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Online Video: the Perfect Social Learning Tool? | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

Free online video is creating new global communities, granting their members both the means and the motivation to step up their skills and broaden their imaginations. Because video is, apparently, a perfect manifestation of social learning theory. less big companies, for more than 20 years. Properly d.

article thumbnail

How Social Learning Features Can Revolutionize Online Education

Kitaboo

In his book titled “Social Learning Theory” released in 1977, he wrote, “Most human behavior is learned observationally through modeling: from observing others one forms an idea of how new behaviors are performed, and on later occasions, this coded information serves as a guide for action.” Table of Contents I.

article thumbnail

Social Media: The Virtual “Over-The-Partition” Learning Network.

Dashe & Thomson

They might even jot down a few notes that you can reference the next time you troubleshoot that widget problem. So, here’s my leap from that “over-the-partition” informal learning scenario to how social media can support social learning: YouTube (in other words, video learning). Properly d.

article thumbnail

The Benefits of Open Access Textbooks: A Game Changer for Students

Kitaboo

Table of Contents: What Do Open Access Textbooks Refer To? Open access textbooks are resources that play a pivotal role in advancing student learning by ensuring the availability and affordability of educational content. A broader community of learners and educators has free access to these resources.

Open 52
article thumbnail

The grassroots of learning

E-Learning Provocateur

He explains in Trying to write Rhizomatic Learning in 300 words : “Rhizomatic Learning developed as an approach for me as a response to my experiences working with online communities. We learned by working together, sharing our experiences and understanding. Dave posited educational technology is a prime example.

Bea 252