article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. In more recent years, websites, wikis and blogs have entered the picture, creating social learning platforms that learners can modify themselves. In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager?

article thumbnail

Social Media Policy?

Clark Quinn

So what’s your social media policy? In fact, such a policy really is part of your personal knowledge mastery. While your systems may vary, your results should be sources for you to find information, present yourself in your various communities, and to share your thoughts. What’s yours?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Creating a Robust Social Community within Your LMS

LearnDash

Because of this, many educators have caught on to the value of community for promoting their courses. A dedicated online community not only brings with it a tremendous amount of support and enthusiasm, it also gives learners a reason to remain part of your program. Let’s say your community focuses on online development.

Community 122
article thumbnail

Social Silliness

Clark Quinn

Someone pointed me to a post that touted the benefits of social learning. However, as I perused it, I saw that was a bit of social silliness. What follows are a series of five tips about applying social learning. If you’re not making sure folks are finding intrinsic value in the community, go back and fix it.

Social 170
article thumbnail

Tools for Building Social Online Course Communities

LearnDash

If you are smart, you will build a community ! In general we people prefer social opportunities which is probably why social networking platforms are so popular. Given the way people are already used to online social settings it makes implementing a social aspect to your courses that much easier.

article thumbnail

[INTERVIEW] Foundations of Race, Racism, and Anti-Racism – Online Course

KnowledgeOne

In August 2020, the Disruption of All Forms of Racism Policy was passed by the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences Executive Council. It was the first anti-racism policy approved by any faculty or post-secondary institution in Canada. This policy is a point of departure, not an endpoint.

article thumbnail

Community Engagement, COVID-19 and Big hART – the promises we must keep

Kadenze

In my role as CEO of the Arts and Social Change organisation Big hART – an Australian Arts and Social Justice not-for-profit working with vulnerable people – I’ve watched COVID-19 drastically reduce revenue leaving workers and participants in a precarious position. It is mental health, and maintaining social connection.