article thumbnail

TCC08: What can Educators Learn from Online Religious Communities?

Experiencing eLearning

Based on seminar where doctoral students created online community projects. The seminar raised a question about whether online religious communities could be a model for online educational experiences. Used wiki for communication with a church small group. Technical problems. Doctoral students at George Fox University.

Wiki 170
article thumbnail

Social Media: The Virtual “Over-The-Partition” Learning Network.

Dashe & Thomson

They might even jot down a few notes that you can reference the next time you troubleshoot that widget problem. the world’s most popular online video community allowing millions of people to discover, watch, and share originally-created videos.” Im a problem-solver and thoroughly enjoy helping clients succeed and look good.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Open Office, Work Culture, and Productivity

The Performance Improvement Blog

Jason Feifer: I witness an inability to concentrate, lack of privacy, and absent sense of ownership--which is a problem given that I occupy this space for the bulk of my waking hours. But the business community insists this is good for me. Instead of IM''ing each other, we''re talking in person.

Open 199
article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: With Community Comes Great Responsibility

Learning Visions

Thursday, August 09, 2007 With Community Comes Great Responsibility In reflecting over the benefits of the first week or so of the 31 Days to Better Blogging Challenge , the biggest thing for me has been the overall boost in community. But with community comes great responsibility. (Im Im a touchy-feely-people-kind-of-person.

Community 100
article thumbnail

Surfing the Net: Waste of Time or Personal Directed Learning.

Dashe & Thomson

As most of us in the adult learning community already know, up to this point most workplaces have seen two types of learning: formal learning through training, and informal learning through experience, conversation or random events which, according to research, accounts for about 80% of total learning. I argued that they were both dead wrong.

article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Half of Companies Blocking Facebook

Learning Visions

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 Half of Companies Blocking Facebook Christy Tucker has been musing on Social Networking as LMS: Problems and Opportunities. One real problem is corporate fear of social networking tools. Im no Facebook super-user and I havent experienced a huge time suck from it, but I suppose its possible.

article thumbnail

Seed, feed, & weed

Clark Quinn

As many have noted, it’s about moving from a notion of being a builder, handcrafting (or mass-producing) solutions, to being a facilitator, nurturing the community to develop it’s own capabilities. They may need discussion forums, blogs, wikis, and IM. They may need to load, tag, and search on resources.

Wiki 182