article thumbnail

Learning space mashups

Learning with e's

Two case studies of recent initial teacher training programmes are reviewed where blogs and wikis were blended to create new virtual learning spaces. There is also discussion about aggregation of content and a theorization of how community and personal spaces can create tension and conflict. Future Internet. 1 (1), 3-13.

Mashups 49
article thumbnail

Communities, spaces and pedagogies for the digital age

Learning with e's

Communities, spaces and pedagogies for the digital age View more presentations from Steve Wheeler. I enjoyed a very interesting and stimulating day at Colchester Institute yesterday, where I gave two workshops for staff entitled: Communities, spaces and pedagogies for the digital age.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Daily Bookmarks 07/29/2008

Experiencing eLearning

JOLT - Defining Tools for a New Learning Space: Writing and Reading Class Blogs. Examines blogs as learning tools for creating a “community of discourse.&# This article focuses more on the role of the facilitator in shaping the learning community than on the instructional design of assignments using blogs.

article thumbnail

Everything You need to know about an LMS for nonprofits

Paradiso Solutions

Personalization and Branding Option Nonprofits can tailor their online learning space using LMS customization tools to reflect their mission and values. This community-driven approach empowers informed decision-making, leading to improved training initiatives and better learning outcomes.

article thumbnail

The architecture of learning

Learning with e's

Social tagging for example, is becomes increasingly stronger as people populate it with content and links. This content is generated not only by the experts, but also increasingly by the learners themselves, and tends to be organised by the community rather than by the experts.

Wiki 97
article thumbnail

Digital is default

Learning with e's

The book was published in 1995, just as the Internet was beginning to invent for itself a space that previously had not existed. The following year I joined a ground breaking project in which my team set up digital learning spaces for businesses and individuals in hard-to-reach rural areas that until then had no infrastructure.

Digital 60
article thumbnail

In response to Twitter Quitters - 40% leave after one month.

ID Reflections

One primary reason why people would quit in a month: It takes about a couple of months to get the hang of how to “use” Twitter in a way that brings in returns–that is, makes one a part of a community of practice, helps to build a knowledge base, and connects one to like minded people.