Go Beyond Boring: Creating Scenario-based Learning That Engages Participants (Podcast)

Experiencing eLearning

Since the TLDC community has several D&D players, this version of the presentation has some references and examples related to D&D. If the podcast isn’t embedded above, check it out on the TLDCast website , in Spotify , or look for episode 329 in your favorite podcast app.

The Adapter’s Advantage Podcast: Episode 18 Featuring Elyse Archer

Allego

Elyse is the founder of She Sells , a coaching program and community for women in sales who are reaching new goals and revolutionizing the way sales is done. Listen and Subscribe Now: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | TuneIn. Adapter's Advantage Podcast Podcast

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

The Adapter’s Advantage Podcast: Episode 19 Featuring Jesse Jackson

Allego

He is responsible for the management, direction and strategy of Consumer & Community Banking training functions. Listen and Subscribe Now: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | TuneIn. Adapter's Advantage Podcast Podcast

Podcast 22: Launching a Learning Portal – With DirectEmployers Association

Talented Learning

To learn more about this podcast series or to see the full collection of episodes visit The Talented Learning Show main page. CANDEE: Here’s the Reader’s Digest version. We’ve integrated TopClass with Higher Logic – the platform for our members-only community, DE Connect. That’s really slick… JEN: Plus we hooked Higher Logic to Salesforce , which feeds our member contact information into the DE Connect community platform.

Podcast 31: Inside Open Source Learning Systems – With eThink CEO Brian Carlson

Talented Learning

To find out more about this podcast series or to see the full collection of episodes visit The Talented Learning Show main page. For example, today we welcome a leader in the open source learning community, Brian Carlson , Co-Founder and CEO of eThink Education.

Everything Gets Easier When You Know Who Your Ideal Client Is with Agency Operator and Podcaster Jason Resnick

LifterLMS

Learn how everything gets easier when you know who your ideal client is with agency operator and podcaster Jason Resnick in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. You can find his podcast over at Rezzz.com if you’re interested in checking that out.

How to Grow Your Community and Niche Network through a Virtual Summit with Jan Koch from WP Agency Summit

LifterLMS

Learn how to grow your community and niche network through a virtual summit with Jan Koch from WP Agency Summit in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett from LifterLMS. I’m joined by a special guest, another WordPress community member.

How to Start and Grow a Podcast and Build an Online Course Empire with Joe Casabona

LifterLMS

Learn how to start and grow a podcast and build an online course empire with Joe Casabona in this episode of the LMScast podcast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. Chris refers to these as the five hats course creators wear: expert, instructional designer, community builder, technologist, and entrepreneur. Joe runs a podcast called How I Built It. Chris and Joe discuss concepts that apply to both podcasting and course creating in this episode.

How Educators Can Avoid Panic and Find Success Teaching Online with Janet Lee

TechSmith Camtasia

You can watch the video on this topic at the top of this post, to listen to the podcast episode, hit play below, or read on for more… How to structure a successful online class. To access downloadable versions of the resources Janet shared in this post, and more, visit her website.

Teach 76

CMS: An Alternative to a LMS for those who seek Portals or Communities

eLearning 24-7

While the race is on for people to get LMSs and LCMSs, there are some people who either do not want or need a LMS/LCMS, but want to create a learning community or more often, some type of portal – intranet or internet. Xinco – Web-Service based Information and Document Management System (DMS) for files, text, URLs and contacts, featuring ACLs, version control, full text search and an FTP-like client.

Easily Modify, Edit & Share with Lectora 1.6 Collaboration Features

Trivantis

Community Forum. Community Forum. The release of new Lectora Online Version 1.6 New collaboration features enable your team of e-Learning developers to easily track changes, store and retrieve previous title versions, customize privacy settings and more. New Collaboration Features in Lectora Online Version 1.6 now include: Store and retrieve previous versions of online courses for reference or review. Lectora eLearning Podcasts. -->. - Forum.

Friday Finds: The Best of Learning, Design & Technology | July 10, 2020

Mike Taylor

I’ve participated every year and will be publishing this year’s version of my Top 10 tools soon. In her recent Training Zone article, Sheridan Webb tells us that if L&D has learned anything from the recent challenges of lock-down, it is the value of community. Podcasts.

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Online Portfolios

Learning Visions

Thursday, August 02, 2007 Online Portfolios Jennifer Madrell shows us a great example of an online portofolio , which she calls a "svelte and sparkly version of this blog - that is a requirement and capstone project at Indiana University." Shes included samples of wikis and courses she has created, links to podcasts, references and her resume. Cammy Beans Learning Visions Musings on eLearning, instructional design and other training stuff.

Friday Finds: The Best of Learning, Design & Technology | May 28, 2021

Mike Taylor

I am very much looking forward to returning to some version of a normal school year in the fall. It’s 72% Cheaper To Answer A Question Via A Community Than Via Other Support Channels. Forming, growing, and maintaining brand communities can be expensive endeavors. Podcasts.

Miro 52

Q&A With Sarah Gilbert: How to Succeed With Mobile Learning

ATD Learning Technologies

In this Q&A podcast , ATD Learning Technologies Community Manager Justin Brusino talks to Sarah Gilbert, who specializes in training strategy and development at meLearning Solutions. Click here to read full version Sarah talks not only about why practitioners need to know about mobile learning, but also what they need to know to succeed with their mobile learning initiatives.

How to Easily Create Powerful Customer Education

Spark Your Interest

Including creating expert communities. Customer education pre-purchase takes many forms and often includes the following: Blog posts, e-books, and podcasts – direct to a customers inbox. As well live webinars can also help you develop a sense of community among users.

Friday Finds: The Best of Learning, Design & Technology | February 26, 2020

Mike Taylor

This is still true of older versions of PowerPoint 2016 and earlier) Microsoft has made this much less of an issue with Cloud Fonts. Why Community Belongs at the Center of Today’s Remote Work Strategies. Podcasts. Learning moves at the speed of conversation.

Free and Open Source Text to Speech Tools for e-Learning

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 1/16/2011 Free and Open Source Text to Speech Tools for e-Learning Open source software can be used as we wish, without long-term commitments and with a community of professionals that extend and support them. As of version 4.3, Download audio and podcasts. to version 3.6.6

Friday Finds: The Best of Learning, Design & Technology | March 5, 2020

Mike Taylor

Right now it is only available in the web version and not everyone may have it yet. (I Podcasts. “If knowledge is power, knowing what we don’t know is wisdom” Adam Grant. Happy Friday! Here is the latest round up from the world or learning, design, and technology.

PDF 52

Friday Finds: The Best of Learning, Design & Technology | November 20, 2020

Mike Taylor

Podcasts. Here are three podcast episodes from this week that are worth a listen: Learning Uncut Podcast – Resource-Led Learning Strategy with Sebastian Tindall From Scratch Podcast – Cutting through the Leadership Development BS.

Learning from Experimentation

Clark Quinn

It could be papers, articles, blog posts, videos, podcasts, webinars, what have you. You may have a community of practice or a mailing list that is appropriate. However, consider sharing an anonymized version in a local chapter meeting and/or if it’s significant enough or you get good enough feedback, go out to the field. At the recent LearnTec conference, I was on a panel with my ITA colleagues, Jane Hart, Harold Jarche, and Charles Jennings.

Harnessing the power of SMEs for successful workplace training

Matrix

The video and podcasting options make it possible for SMEs to be also present every time somebody enrols in that particular course. Read more: The power of the spoken word: including podcasts in training. They can also help with recommending additional readings, videos or podcasts for those who want to expand their horizon in a certain field. Communities of practice are excellent learning venues.

EdCast vs Degreed vs Fuse – The Analysis

eLearning 24-7

Learners can add Podcasts to their playlist. The Podcasts is a sweet offering to have, plus in my book. Fuse’s system plays heavily around “communities”, so you need to be a member of at least one community. . Browsers (Minimum version you need).

Upcoming Events Spring 2020

Experiencing eLearning

Register so you can join live or watch the site for the recording (members only) and podcast. I’ll also be giving an online version of this presentation to the Online Network of Learning Professionals. That version will be recorded, and I’ll post the video in early April.

How To Automate Online Course Product Launches and Cohorts in your WordPress LMS Website with the Course Scheduler Plugin by Aspen Grove Studios

LifterLMS

Interacting with the communities is a great way to identify pain points and opportunities to form a product or service. The Divi community is very supportive, and engaging with tight-knit communities can reveal unmet needs that you can help solve and build a brand around. At Divi.Space you can find out more about the products they have for the Divi community. LMScast is the number 1 podcast for course creators just like you. Even if they do have a community.

e-Learning budgets: Doing more with less

G-Cube

Create video recordings and podcasts in collaboration with the people within the organization – instead of making high-end productions with hired artistes and locations. Learning communities like blogs and discussion boards are the hotbed of discussion about the latest technological and development tools. Many tools have a dedicated blog or community of users that can help first-time users and hand-hold them through developmental glitches.

Budget 203

Instructional Design is Not Dead!

Learning Rebels

They are taking SME experts, recording them and creating organizational podcasts or “radio stations” They are gathering informed end-users and helping them create user-generated content that can then be curated, reviewed, organized and made accessible to the masses. The smart, curious and ever evolving instructional designer understands this is the path to travel and they are active in online communities to learn more and do better.

Tech Tuesday Toolbox | Issue #3

Mike Taylor

Audioteaser — Create a voice over for your Videos, Spotify audio ads, podcast intros, and much more. Build a community for your remote team with Remo. App of the Week. Create Narrated Videos Quickly with Narakeet! . Narakeet is video presentation maker with voice over.

Issue 52

How to Sell Online Courses from your own website – You Should Know

Pinlearn

Facebook Groups, Forums and Niche Communities. Here’s the interesting part – You get to listen to your potential audience by being a member of Facebook groups, forums like Reddit and online communities like Quora. In other words, Pinlearn generates multiple scaled versions of your original course content videos. Based on bandwidth, Pinlearn streams a scaled version. A free e-book or a podcast or a blog post will trigger audiences to opt-in for your services.

PepsiCo Pops the Top on a New Learning Mindset

Degreed

1: We should have only one “version of the truth” on a subject, otherwise employees will get confused. One version of truth is like one book in the library. With Degreed, we can now share books, videos, articles, and podcasts we love with others at the click of a button. Employees can also build a community around a topic, by creating and joining a Group about it and sharing content. Every organization has its own folklore.

Rodica Irodiu Shares How to Make a Fast, Beautiful Online Course WordPress Website with the Neve Theme by ThemeIsle

LifterLMS

Rodica Irodiu shares how to make a fast, beautiful online course WordPress website with the Neve theme by ThemeIsle in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. LMScast is the number one podcast for course creators just like you.

It's the end of the year as we know it.

eLearning Architect

It is located just down the road from the beach and has a fabulous community of entrepreneurs and freelancers from whom I have already started developing relationships. I am involved in several elearning communities where I have access to a wealth of expertise and therefore finding skilled individuals hasn't been as tough as it is for some. Shared file management is needed to make sure everyone has access to the latest versions of storyboards and designs.

Starting a Customer Education Program: What You Should Know

Talented Learning

EDITOR’S NOTE: Occasionally, we invite learning community experts to share their advice with our readers. Today we feature a post by Adam Avramescu , Head of Customer Education & Training at Checkr and Co-Founder of the CELab blog/podcast. In our first podcast episode , we discussed key factors to consider as you lay the groundwork for this function. You should expect to develop three or four “first versions” before a working program is in place.

Helping Consultants, Experts, and Coaches Smash Through Personal and Professional Plateaus with David Shriner-Cahn

LifterLMS

Helping consultants, experts, and coaches smash through personal and professional plateaus with David Shriner-Cahn in this episode of the LMScast podcast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. LMScast is the number one podcast for course creators just like you. He has a podcast called Smashing the Plateau. They have to be a community builder both before and after the sale. I’ve heard this repeatedly from my podcast guests, particularly the ones that are the big names.

Keeping Up - April's Big Question

eLearning Cyclops

However, being involved in an e-learning community is a big help. For me it is a blog community and following many experts on Twitter. Many of the blogs I follow are part of the eLearningLearning community. I also like to make occasional visits to Google Labs and Adobe Labs to "keep up" with the tech tools they are working on and to test drive any beta versions available. April's Big Question from Learning Circuits is "How to Keep up?"

Need YouTube Video Ideas? Where You Need to Look for Inspiration

TechSmith Camtasia

I then look at the search results and decide if it’s a saturated area or there’s room for me to create my unique version. Communities and groups. I discovered that by participating in various communities, my scope of interest and knowledge grows exponentially. Many influencers in your content area of interest often post questions in their communities seeking ideas for new content to create and serve their audiences. Communities. Podcasts.

From Martial Arts Business Owner to Health Course Creator to Online Entrepreneur Membership Site Creator With Kevin Geary of Digital Ambition

LifterLMS

The journey from martial arts business owner to health course creator to online entrepreneur membership site creator with Kevin Geary of Digital Ambition in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. Kevin Geary: It’s like a community feed, yeah.

Site 62