Remove Collaboration Remove Community Remove Learning Remove Social Software
article thumbnail

The differences between social professional networks and communities of practice

Matrix

The meaning of ‘community’ has changed drastically with the spread of the internet and the rise of all the social networks. No longer confined by geography, people who share the same interests can connect, share and grow as a community online. Organizational value of online communities.

article thumbnail

Survey: Are you ready, willing and able to support learning in the new social workplace?

Jane Hart

In the diagram on the right I show 5 key types of activity across the Social Workplace Learning Continuum that I think that will need to be supported.). (In In the diagram on the right I show 5 key types of activity across the Social Workplace Learning Continuum that I think that will need to be supported.).

Survey 201
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Engaging online learners 1

Learning with e's

Let's start with collaborative online spaces. It relates to critical writing on wikis, but it can be applied to just about any collaborative online learning space: There is a spectrum of wiki activities that can be used to encourage critical thinking in writing. Social Software and Developing Community Ontologies.

Wiki 76
article thumbnail

Customer Competencies, Co-Creation, and Brand Communities

Skilful Minds

Word of mouth communities and networks using social software are increasingly spread over regional, national, and international borders, making them much more important to those who market branded products and services, online and off. empathy empathy with customers engagement Innovation.

article thumbnail

Performance - Collaboration - Social Network Analysis - eLearning Hot List

Tony Karrer

eLearning Learning Hot List June 1, 2009 to June 12, 2009 Top Posts The following are the top posts from featured sources based on social signals. World Part 2 - Social Enterprise Blog , June 6, 2009 Should you Care about Google Wave?

article thumbnail

Engaging online learners 2

Learning with e's

I also mentioned a very useful model that promotes creative, collaboration online writing. It can be adapted for a number of contexts, especially to promote various kinds of collaborative learning. 1995) Social presence theory and implications for interaction and collaborative learning in computer conferences.

Wiki 55
article thumbnail

50 Posts and Articles that Made Me Think in 2011

ID Reflections

I have listed them insome sort of reading order or the way they made sense to me… Social Business The future ispodular by Dave Gray PuttingEnterprise 2.0 Smith ConnectingAgile Business with Social Business by Dion Hinchcliffe AvoidingChaos, Losing Serendipity?