Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Tagging Remove Web
article thumbnail

ASAE 2010 Annual: Leaders of Communities of Practice

Web Courseworks

Associations are the hub of activity for "communities of practice.” Communities of practice are voluntary. Professionals join to gain access to peers, best practices, and education. What makes associations successful as communities of practice? Tags: ASAE 2010.

article thumbnail

ASAE Annual: A Gathering of People Who Build Communities of Practice

Web Courseworks

What makes the Association market space so interesting to me and others involved in eLearning is that for individual professional development and for community building, Associations is where it all takes place; or at least, it should. Tags: ASAE. According to Wikipedia here is the definition. “A

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

It's Happening in the Learning Industry: Training Magazine and Web Site Shutting Down

Kapp Notes

Training Magazine and the associated web site are being moth balled at the end of March. Here is an excerpt from Nielsen shuts down 'Training' Nielsen Business Media told employees Tuesday that it is shutting down Training magazine and its companion Web site, trainingmag.com, according to a Nielsen Co. Tags: industry.

Site 183
article thumbnail

Games Build Community & Associations: ASAE Technology Conference Session

Web Courseworks

The way people learn from games, what game mechanics make online games addictive, and how to successfully utilize games to build community and optimize web traffic are important topics for discussion. Tags: ASAE Association eLearning Clark Aldrich gaming and simulation Immersive Learning Simulations Serious Games.

article thumbnail

Creating a Vibrant Learning Community

Kapp Notes

Today I am presenting at Immaculata University on the topic of Creating a Vibrant Learning Community as part of a faculty workshop. Communities Of Practice View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. A Learning Community is a group whose members regularly engage in sharing and learning, based on common interests.

Community 100
article thumbnail

27 Books for L&D Folks.

ID Reflections

6 Knowledge Management Cultivating Communities of Practice Etienne Wegner, et al. 10 Design/Communication/Business/Presentation The Back of the Napkin Dan Roam. 11 Communication/Presentation/Business Made to Stick Dan and Chip Heath. 12 Change management/Communication/Self management/Innovation Switch Dan and Chip Heath.

article thumbnail

Web feats 3: Blogging

Learning with e's

It's probably one of the simplest 'free' tools you will find anywhere on the web for creating your own blog. Blogging has transformed my professional practice (teaching and researching) because it has enabled me to write down and present my ideas in a way which is coherent to my wider community of practice.

Web 60