article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager? I think the community manager can also support and facilitate on-demand learning and performance and will be pivotal in it’s success.

article thumbnail

Keynoting Texas Community College Technology Forum 2010

Kapp Notes

On Friday, I’ll be in the big o’le state of Texas speaking about the future of technology for community colleges. I do a lot of work with community colleges and know first hand the innovative technologies and first class hands-on education that community colleges can provide. Here is a short description of my talk.

Forum 140
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

TCC08: Wikis and Blogs and Tags: Oh Why?

Experiencing eLearning

Lisa Cheney-Steen, Colorado Community College System, Denver, Colorado, USA. Starting with an intro to Web 2.0. More social community. Cynthia uses Twitter for keeping track of bookmarks–lets her tag it with who shared it with her and when to give her context. Create a sharing community. Social Connection.

Wiki 170
article thumbnail

Effective Web Conferences – 41 Resources

Tony Karrer

I primarily used the eLearning Learning and Communities and Networks sites and used Conference , Online Facilitation of Conferences , Online Interaction in Conferences , Moderating Online Interaction , and others. When developing PowerPoint slides to use in web conference training follow these guidelines: Simplify content.

article thumbnail

Web-Based Authoring Tools for Scalable eLearning Development: The Time Has Come

Web Courseworks

The era of web-based authoring systems is here. Web-based products such as Claro and Composica promise to solve collaborative dilemmas and enable development teams to create engaging and interactive learning content with ease. Web-Based Authoring: The Rise of Collaborative Content Creation. superior workflow management.

article thumbnail

TCC09 Keynote: Global Collaboration in the Web 2.0 World

Experiencing eLearning

Summary: Web 2.0 In this presentation, Sue Waters will guide you on a tour of how educators, from different educational sectors, utilize web technologies with their learners to collaborate on global projects. With Web 2.0 Posted in Learning Communities, PLE, Read/Write Web. Atlas, it's time for your bath.

Web 170
article thumbnail

It's Happening in the Learning Industry: Training Magazine and Web Site Shutting Down

Kapp Notes

Training Magazine and the associated web site are being moth balled at the end of March. Here is an excerpt from Nielsen shuts down 'Training' Nielsen Business Media told employees Tuesday that it is shutting down Training magazine and its companion Web site, trainingmag.com, according to a Nielsen Co. Tags: industry.

Site 183