article thumbnail

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

The information aggregation tools are used to collect and organize information from various resources (websites, podcasts, blogs). Diigo , Delicious ) allow educators to highlight, tag, and organize relevant webpages. Both Edmodo and the Ning sites have smaller interest-based community groups (i.e., Information Aggregation.

article thumbnail

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

The information aggregation tools are used to collect and organize information from various resources (websites, podcasts, blogs). Diigo , Delicious ) allow educators to highlight, tag, and organize relevant webpages. Both Edmodo and the Ning sites have smaller interest-based community groups (i.e., Information Aggregation.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What Career Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self?

SweetRush

You might do this to bring about positive results in any of the various contexts in which you interact—whether at work, in organizations, school, community, or family.” These techniques help with your career and ultimately benefit your organization. My career lesson learned: Reach out to others in your community.

article thumbnail

Social play can be Social Learning

Ideaon

At work we do use social tools such as Skype, Yahoo Messenger and YouTube for learning purposes. Social learning, or learning from peers or from the community, is not new. I have been asked a half-dozen times about my thoughts on Social Learning within corporations. I have news for you: social learning is here to stay.

article thumbnail

How Digital Learning Became Connected Learning

Leo Learning

MSN (Windows Live) Messenger, AOL, Yahoo Messenger, and Skype gained massive popularity as the dawn of the internet reached home users in the late 90s and into the turn of the millennium. Xerox: Communities of Practice. Key opportunities to connect your organization. Five practical ways to enable social learning.

Digital 66
article thumbnail

Learning Management Systems Promote Knowledge Sharing

TOPYX LMS

Leaders know that their organizations’ ultimate success and growth is dependent upon culture, not solely, but majorly. Companies having exemplary culture are ones that not only survive indefinitely, but profit when other organizations are going under. Others interpret company culture as an organization’s “personality.”

LMS 167
article thumbnail

Cultivating capability with Walmart’s Brandon Carson

CLO Magazine

At Walmart, Carson’s core responsibilities include corporate and officer onboarding experiences, careers and opportunities, the company’s education credential platform and community academies around mobility, career opportunity and global leadership development. I wasn’t looking for work. ” Carson asks.

Masie 41