article thumbnail

Social Media for Knowledge Workers

Tony Karrer

This was a major reason that I started down the path with Work Literacy. That said, I thought it would be worthwhile for me to collect a few of the resources that provide good starting points that can help Knowledge Workers improve their performance using Social Media. eLearning Technology. eLearning Technology. eLearning Technology.

article thumbnail

CrossKnowledge Reboot Camp Insights

CrossKnowledge

Clients needed a space to share and learn in a ‘trusted’ L&D community, so Crossknowledge responded with their Reboot Camp , a 4-week blended online journey designed by CK learning experts and supported by the CrossKnowledge Academy. Clients from all over the world helped contribute to the initiative through their active participation.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hot Last Week

Tony Karrer

Report: Community Platforms Market Led by Jive Software and Telligent - ReadWriteWeb Hot Last Week Keywords eLearning Strategy Social Media Work Skills KnowledgeHub ScreenToaster Cooliris Quizmaker OnDemand Meridian Mzinga GeoLearning Saba Notes on the weekly hot last week.

Cooliris 100
article thumbnail

Work Literacy Launch

Clark Quinn

When discussing new(ish) tools like blogs and social bookmarking, and discussing things like advanced search techniques, there's a gap in knowledge work skills. We need something to help us make sense of all that is happening that changes how we do our knowledge work. Answer a poll on work skills opportunities.

article thumbnail

Work Literacy Launch

Tony Karrer

When discussing new(ish) tools like blogs and social bookmarking, and discussing things like advanced search techniques, there's a gap in knowledge work skills. We need something to help us make sense of all that is happening that changes how we do our knowledge work. Answer a poll on work skills opportunities.

article thumbnail

Remote Collaboration

Tony Karrer

I'm particularly drawing on both personal experience and on experience with the work skills workshops we are offering. At the start of these workshops, we put people into remote work teams. It resulted in a great learning experience and a quite good resource. So, this post is only a small portion of the answer.

article thumbnail

Search

Tony Karrer

In all honesty, my bigger switch has been to leverage Networks and Communities (i.e., That said, it's worth consulting resources such as: Choose the Best Search for Your Information Need - A wonderful list of different types of searches and tools that go along with that type of search. Yes, I personally use Google 95%+ for searching.

Search 102