Remove Association Remove Community Remove LinkedIn Remove Twitter
article thumbnail

Marketing Your Association to Millennials: Make it Social

Association eLearning

Yet associations and organizations are slow to capitalize on these advertising venues assuming them to be unprofessional and lacking in their target audiences. So here are the facts, if you want to market your association to millennials, make it social. Like Twitter, Instagram also uses hashtags for additional exposure.

article thumbnail

ASAE Annual 2014: An Interview with Kylee Coffman

Association eLearning

Kylee is an association leader who is passionate about building member communities, user experience, content strategy, mobile, and the impact of emerging technologies on business. Kylee Coffman: Seeing so many association friends and having a good time at the receptions!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Make the Most of ASAE Annual 2013 Conference: An Interview with Jay Daughtry of Chatterbachs

Association eLearning

Jay is an association enthusiast and social media strategist that brings connections, innovation, and engagement to the Association world. In my quest to be the most digitally connected man in the association world, I’ve realized just how powerful of a tool (that’s a lot friendlier term than “weapon”, don’t you think?)

article thumbnail

How to Choose an LMS That’s Right for Your Association

Abila

According to Community Brands 2018 Member Education and Career Development Report , 85 percent of members want organizations to provide continuing education opportunities. Associations may struggle to find the technology that’s right for them, in part because they’re unsure about what they need in an LMS.

article thumbnail

Creating an eLearning Portfolio Using Your Community Content

Trivantis

One of my favorite (and lesser-known) features on the Trivantis® Community is the ability to share Lectora® courses. As a diehard developer turned Community Manager, I still get the itch to play around in Lectora, so I love it when I have an excuse to create something new. You can also share your courses from the Community at any time.

article thumbnail

Knowledge, practice and community

Learning with e's

In this post, I extend this idea into the work Lave did with Etienne Wenger, which has become known as Communities of Practice. As usual, this is a simplified interpretation of the theory, so if you wish to learn more, please read the associated literature. Previous posts in this series: 1. Anderson ACT-R Cognitive Architecture 2.

article thumbnail

Social Learning for Associations: What to Expect in a Modern LMS

Talented Learning

It is essential for any association learning management system (LMS). As LMS consultants , we’ve helped many different types of associations define their learning technology requirements. This means many associations are wrestling with fundamental questions at the intersection of social and learning: One social system or two?