article thumbnail

TCC08: Transitioning from WebCT to Sakai

Experiencing eLearning

Q: How would you do one-on-one mentoring at the community college level where you don’t have grad students to use? A: Leadership, with input from the university community. At the community college resources may not be available to do the fixes for open source. Q: Who made the decision to move to Sakai?

Webct 170
article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Learning About eLearning: Browse My Stuff

Learning Visions

Its kind of like Technorati, but community focused around the singular topic of eLearning. A Conversation with Karl Kapp ► February (11) ID Live with Charles Reigeluth on EdTechTalk Kineo Insights Webinar: Kronos Moodle Case Study Kineo Insights Webinar: The Truth About Open Sourc.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Open Laszlo Gets Its Own Track and Big Customers for the open source webtop platform

Mark Oehlert

is actually investigating using it and today I see that Open Laszlo has its own track at AjaxWorld West 2007. The company also announced just last month thatits customer base, now in the hundreds, continued to grow at a strongpace, while its global community of developers increased to over 75,000members.

article thumbnail

Social Media Offerings which can b used in Social Learning

eLearning 24-7

Product & Blogging & Niche Communities (Amazon.com – Product; LiveJournal - Blogging, Nibbledish - Niche). Social Measuring - Technorati. Open Source/Mashups - APis, open source – while open source and APIs are not social media, they will enable multi-faceted social media features and capabilities.

article thumbnail

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!)

Mark Oehlert

» May 02, 2007 Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!) Map of Online Communities from xkcd - which is a comic you should be reading - I am so busy right now on something but I saw this and just had to post! Someone hasn't got enough work to do, but I am deeply grateful for that fact. I had a good chortle to myself.

article thumbnail

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Prism for Firefox: Run Web Sites/Apps w/out a whole big browser getting in the way.

Mark Oehlert

OK.today we have two reasons why having a browser built on open source code with a powerful and passionate development community behind it, will continue to provide a more robust and user-focused experience than something provided by say a large corporation - no knock on large corporations (some of my best friends.).

Firefox 32
article thumbnail

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): So its not exactly, if you build it they will come?

Mark Oehlert

Anybody ever try to manage an online community and wonder why it seemed so hard? Great post on BGN linking to some pointers on building social web apps - translatable into building communities). July 02, 2007 in Collaboration | Permalink Technorati Tags : social , web 2.0 where I am linking to all the Lewin stuff I find.