Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Organizational Learning Remove Program
article thumbnail

Community of Practice and the TorranceLearning Download

The Performance Improvement Blog

One of many methods of organizational learning is a “community of practice”. This is a term coined by Etienne Wenger to describe “…groups of people who share a concern or a passion for something they do and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly.” Did you learn it?

article thumbnail

Symbiosis

Clark Quinn

The best competitors aren’t the best chess players or the best programs, but the best pairs , that is the player and computer that best know how to work together. Of course, this is only in the case of known problems, the ‘optimal execution’ phase of organizational learning.

Cognitive 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

7 Strategies to Facilitate “Working Out Loud”

Learnnovators

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes. Take Linux or the GitHub community for example.

article thumbnail

7 Strategies to Facilitate "Working Out Loud"

ID Reflections

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes. Take Linux or the GitHub community for example.

Strategy 100
article thumbnail

The Masterclass on Informal Learning

Jay Cross

A dose of my philosophies of what matters in life and learning. We talk about how schooling is the wrong model for organizational learning and discourage using schoolish vocabulary. Depending on the level of the group, we may apply the 10-step implementation program from the 702010Forum. Recent Masterclasses and Retreats.

article thumbnail

Personal Learning Networks: For Ongoing Learning in a Connected World

ID Reflections

I have recently joined the open section of #MSLOC 430 - a graduate course in the Master''s Program in Learning and Organizational Change at Northwestern University. This is the first week and I am absolutely looking forward to exploring the topics, learning from the other participants and participating in exciting conversations.

Network 100
article thumbnail

Blended Learning For Better Results

Actio Learning

Over time, new technologies and approaches have expanded the definition to include instruction (classroom, e-learning, etc.), and methods of collaboration (social, communities of practice , etc.). In his view, blended learning ". sources of information ( resource repositories , job aids, etc.),