article thumbnail

Professional Organizations for Instructional Designers

Experiencing eLearning

A number of job seekers and transitioning teachers have asked about professional organizations to help people gain skills and network. The Learning Guild, ATD, TLDC, Training Magazine Network, and LDA all provide both free and paid resources for instructional designers and other learning and development professionals.

article thumbnail

Saying Good-bye to The eLearning Guild (but not leaving the Guild family)

Corporate eLearning Strategies and Development

On August 27th I begin the next chapter of my eLearning career. I am leaving the Training and Development industry's most important professional association, The eLearning Guild , to be part of a startup in the data center industry. I will be the Director of Product Training for IO Data Centers. Okay, stop laughing.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Reasons to Join The eLearning Guild

Web Courseworks

If you are a professional instructional designer or online course developer, you probably belong to the community of practice called the eLearning Guild. Offering free membership, The eLearning Guild has over 75,000 members worldwide. Here are ten reasons why you should support this organization.

article thumbnail

12 Helpful Resources for Instructional Design

CourseArc

12 Helpful Resources for Instructional Design. Since instructional designers develop so many types of resources—like eLearning courses, instructors’ manuals for classroom use, learning games, training courses for use in workplaces—there are always new skills to pick up. Write and Organize for Deeper Learning (by Patti Shank) .

article thumbnail

10 Helpful Resources for Online Course Designers

CourseArc

Instructional designers may сrеаtе eLearning соurѕеѕ, wrіtе instructor’s mаnuаlѕ fоr сlаѕѕrооm іnѕtruсtіоn, design lеаrnіng gаmеѕ, convert classroom curricula into an online format, оr create training соurѕеѕ for thе wоrkрlасе. This book will help you create more visually compelling learning content. Clark, Chopeta Lyons).

article thumbnail

Exploring Social Learning and Smarter Working (eLearning Guild Webinar) #inttime

Learning Visions

These are my live blogged notes from today’s eLearning Guild Webinars with members of the Internet Time Alliance (ITA): Harold Jarche, Charles Jennings, Clark Quinn, Jane Hart, Jay Cross Exploring Social Learning and Smarter Working The questions for the session were sourced from the crowd. Moderate social communities.

article thumbnail

Presentations on Scenario-Based Learning and More

Experiencing eLearning

This presentation introduces the why and how of scenario-based learning to help you get started. Using scenarios can make your elearning more engaging and relevant. While branching scenarios are one effective strategy, a range of options beyond branching are available for incorporating storytelling and scenarios in elearning.