| || |
| | IGNATIA WEBS
DECEMBER 5, 2013 Tips for planning Your #MOOC #OEB13
'This slide deck will be used at Online Educa Berlin 2013 to allow people to set up their own MOOC. It is a short set of slides, with links to other MOOC information. The main idea is to get people on their way, and to make them think on where to go with their overall training. If you are at Online Educa Berlin, feel free to join me in room Lincke (first floor) between 14.30 - 16.00. will start / end the session on time. And if you plan a MOOC yourself, why not connect with me from anywhere? The way I see it, we are all in this together - education/training helps us all.
| | ELEARNING BROTHERS
DECEMBER 4, 2013 What is eLearning Gamification?
'You know you have become an eLearning nerd when watching a movie all you think about is gamification and instructional design. Elearning Gamification in Ender’s Game. recently went and saw Ender’s Game, and love it. It’s about a kid named Ender who is a possible candidate to save the world from an impending alien invasion. They train him for a special mission at a school in space.
| | SPICY LEARNING
DECEMBER 9, 2013 What works about the webinar for learning?
'Webinar is probably my favourite portmanteau (web + seminar). And that’s saying something, because I genuinely believe that ‘spork’ is one of the finest words (spoon + fork) to ever come into existence. But then again, webinars and sporks aren’t so different, when you think about it. know what you’re thinking, I heard myself too. But let’s try and justify that seemingly ill-founded analogy. Stand back everyone, I’m going to attempt logic. Firstly, sporks are a useful combination of two different yet related tools. In many ways, they are a marvel of modern technology. Don’t worry, it’s coming.
| | TAYLORING IT
DECEMBER 2, 2013 An award entry – with a difference
'Over the Summer of 2013 I submitted an entry into the LPIs annual Learning Awards in the Learning Professional of The Year category. know that’s somewhat narcissistic of me but it was the only category I felt I could provide actual evidence for at the point I wrote and submitted the entry. also provided a PDF version for those without an iPad. Screenshot of the cover of my iBook submission.
| || || || |
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME How to focus in the age of distraction
| MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
'So many of us are connected and/or using our connected devices regularly. Some might say we / you are addicted to them and suffer withdrawal symptoms when we forget them or leave home home without them. So then, how do we stay focused in this “age of distraction”? Jane Genovese writes on the Learning Fundamentals website on ‘ how to focus in the age of distraction ‘ and produced this excellent mind-map of Leo Babauta’s eBook “ Focus: A simplicity manifesto in the age of distraction”. Create habits and/or rituals to focus your mind. Make time to reflect & review. MORE >>
LEARNING WITH E'S The future of knowledge navigation
| SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
'Will we ever reach the point in our human development where our relationship with our technologies becomes so natural that they become a part of us? Will we ever be able to claim that they are a problem free extension of our physical capabilities - seamlessly connected to our minds? Many would argue that we have already achieved this. Perhaps though, this would have been an easier question to answer in the last century than it is today. The answer then would have been ''yes - we have already achieved it''. The computer is a classic example of complex technology that can be difficult to use. MORE >>
LEARNDASH Top 10 ELearning Stats for 2014
| SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2013
'The end of 2013 is in sight, and what a year it has been for elearning. There have been some great new entrants into the elearning space, useful tools, and all-around positive growth. From my perspective, the most significant happening in 2013 was the official release of tin can (experience) API. It was a long time coming, but now that version 1.0 is available, we will start to see it used more significantly. Sure, there it will take some time to faze out the old SCORM model, but it will eventually happen. With all these great advancements in 2013 – what does 2014 have in store? MORE >>
EDYNCO How to create efficient quizzes?
| FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013
'Students shouldn’t only be listeners. They should also interact with learning content. Quiz is one of the possible interactions that gives great results for long-term knowledge. There are four basic types of questions: multiple choice, single choice, true/false and fill in the blanks. As I’ll explain, these types serve slightly different purposes, but the main purpose of all quizzes is assessment. You can and should mix it up with different types of questions – as it engages the students mind in multiple ways. There are however some basic principles to follow. Where does the quiz belong? MORE >>
SPICY LEARNING The app effect: why playfulness is indispensable to learning
| MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
'My name’s Jasper, and I’m one of the new instructional designers at Saffron Interactive. m also an information junkie. love learning new things, and the more fun I can have while doing that, the better. So with that in mind, I decided to write my first blog post on the subject of apps, play, and flags (you’ll see), and what they can bring to the table in an e-learning, or m-learning, environment. d like to begin my post with a quick moment of reverence for the mobile phone. It’s an astonishing piece of technology. But these days it’s something that we take for granted. But it is. MORE >>
- It’s time to: challenge and lead, rather than simply consult ONTUITIVE | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Thinking Creatively DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Free book increasing access through #mlearning IGNATIA WEBS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- Would you like an education with that? E-LEARNING PROVOCATEUR | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Design for Doing CLARK QUINN | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- 7 Awesome Advantages of ELearning LEARNDASH | MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
- Join me for Kineo Konnect: Learning Insights Breakfast Thursday in NYC! LEARNING VISIONS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- How Film Can Enhance Learning CLO MAGAZINE | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- ASTD 2013 Dec Webinar Resources KAPP NOTES | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- How To Choose An Authoring Tool For Your HTML eLearning Development UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- Hot off the press! LEARNFOREVER | MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
- ROE Tips for Your Association’s Online Community ASSOCIATION ELEARNING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2013
- Favourite Books of 2013 That I Read BRAVE NEW ORG | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- LN 05 - Personalized Learning Video Speed Matters! Tom Kuhlmann Responds Quickly! ZAIDLEARN | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- How to Create a Drag and Drop Interaction in Adobe Captivate ELEARNING BROTHERS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- Tips for E-Learning Translation E-LEARNING UNCOVERED | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Using Carrots in Your ELearning LEARNDASH | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
- Social Performance Support: help your people help themselves JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
- Favourite Posts and Articles of 2013 That I Read BRAVE NEW ORG | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- How To Make The Flipped Classroom Effective In Corporate Training SOCIAL LEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- Leveraging Technology CLARK QUINN | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Moodle - Blocks - Docking and Minimising LEARNING TECHNOLOGY LEARNING | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
- The ideal Christmas present for your staff. JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2013
- Adobe Captivate 7.01: A True Star I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Review: MakeSomeTime Invoicing App BRIAN DUSABLON | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- Get your foot in the door – Delay Repay TAYLORING IT | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Role of Video Conferencing in Education LEARNDASH | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Mobile Learning Booms in Global Markets LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Best reads from November 2013 JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2013
- What is Rapid eLearning? DIGITALCHALK ELEARNING | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- Rands on Leadership BRIAN DUSABLON | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- School starting age: the evidence [University of Cambridge] LEARNING ECOSYSTEMS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- Self Assessment for Your eLearning Program (Free Download) BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- The Technical Review: Questions to Ask E-LEARNING UNCOVERED | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2013
- Building and Leading an Online Community: Workshop JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- Seven Trends Shaping E-Learning for the Future LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Technology Projections for 2014: The Crystal Ball for the Year Ahead LEARNING ON THE LEADING EDGE | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Hierarchies are obsolete LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2013
- Take a Year-End Achievement Inventory LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2013
- The Uncharted Territory of Big Learning Data LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Onboarding Has Become a Major Priority in 2013, Study Finds LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.