article thumbnail

TOPYX LMS is a Member of the IMS Global Learning Consortium

TOPYX LMS

Did you know that being a member of the IMS Global Learning Consortium distinguishes a learning management system (LMS)? If an LMS is affiliated with the IMS Global Learning Consortium, it is a quality eLearning system that was designed with the highest standards of performance in mind. What is the IMS Global Learning Consortium?

IM 0
article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Describing What You Do: Instructional Design

Learning Visions

Me: Im an instructional designer. Im sort of distracted by the naked boy who just ran by (not mine). billbrandon had this comment on Twitter: I usually just tell em Im a writer. Im comforted to know that Im not the only one who receives blank stares or gets tongue-twisted in trying to describe what I do.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why an LMS Needs Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) Functionality

TOPYX LMS

As stated on Training Industry’s website , ‘(With LTI), training organizations can incorporate tools developed outside their own communities, leveraging higher functionality without the related labor and cost. Is this the first time you are hearing about Learning Tools Interoperability?

LMS 203
article thumbnail

Why Question & Test Interoperability (QTI) Compliance is Important to Educational Publishers

MagicBox

The IMS Global Learning Consortium develops and maintains standards used by the assessment community to improve learning. The Question & Test Interoperability® (QTI®) standard is an open format that allows the interoperability of assessment items and tests.

IM 52
article thumbnail

Collaborative Learning Lessons from Wikipedia (and Small Insects.

Dashe & Thomson

On their own, ants and bees can rarely see the big picture, but as a community they make the right decisions, time after time. When Im not busy helping to change the face of corporate learning, I like to train with the Dashe & Thomson company bike team, travel and read.

Wikipedia 124
article thumbnail

A developer’s perspective on LTI Deep Linking

Rustici Software

The Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) sets a standard for the communication between LMSs and content libraries or learning applications. Our customers quickly began utilizing the functionality, an encouraging sign of LTI’s adoption within the eLearning community. and LTI 1.3.

IM 91
article thumbnail

2017 eLearning Predictions: Updated Hype Curve

Web Courseworks

IMS Caliper: Caliper is the latest standard from IMS. To understand the difference between the two standards, it’s important to note that IMS and Caliper are driven by higher ed and thus of particular interest to the Educause crowd. This is a possible reason to expect quicker adoption.