article thumbnail

LearnTrends: Personal Knowledge Management

Experiencing eLearning

If you follow dull people on Twitter, Twitter will be boring. He is collecting his “best of Twitter&# in his “Friday Finds&# each week. Difference between PKM/PLE/PLN: PKM is more work-focused. Posted in Learning Communities, Lifelong Learning, PLE, Workplace Learning.

article thumbnail

4 Key Emerging Trends in LMS

Upside Learning

Personal Learning Environment (PLE). Over the years, Personal Learning Environment (PLE) in LMS has seen several additions of features – some which worked well with the end users and some irrelevant ones that have pulled out eventually. A semantic search function that understands and tracks user’s search intention and context.

LMS 270
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Twitter vs blogging

Learning with e's

It's not the VLE vs the PLE. This time it's whether Twitter is killing blogging. I was only on the periphery of the Twitter vs blogging debate when I chaired a F-ALT (Fringe ALT-C) session late at night over at the Contact Theatre in Manchester last week. I believe that there is a synergy between blogging and Twitter.

Twitter 67
article thumbnail

TCC09 Keynote: Global Collaboration in the Web 2.0 World

Experiencing eLearning

Posted in Learning Communities, PLE, Read/Write Web. Tags: Learning Communities PLE Read/Write Web Flat Classroom Sue Waters TCC09. Then start small with your project. 5 Tools for Building Your Own PLN. These are not in order–do the order that works for you. Sue’s wiki to support teachers building PLNs.

Web 170
article thumbnail

Tool Set 2009

Tony Karrer

I'm hoping to address questions such as: How do you create a personal tool set or Personal Learning Environment (PLE) for yourself? Should twitter be part of your tool set? Setting up a SharePoint for a community or work team is very different from teaching them about Personal Learning. What should be in your tool set?

PWLE 122
article thumbnail

Everyone has one

Learning with e's

Personal learning environments or PLEs, are the collection of tools (not just online) that enable us to connect, create and share content with our own communities of interest and practice. A Twitter discussion ensued, but ultimately, I think the wrong question was asked. We all use tools to help us learn.

PLE 82
article thumbnail

Top 100 eLearning Items

Tony Karrer

Communities of Practice Facebook as a Learning Platform We Need a Degree in Instructional Design Learning styles don't exist 90-9-1 Rule aka 1% Rule in Collaborative Environments How long does it take to create learning? Learning 2.0 - The Things How we read online. - Tools Collaborative Learning Using Web 2.0 Tools - A Summary PR 2.0: