Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Education Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

ASAE 2010 Annual: Leaders of Communities of Practice

Web Courseworks

Associations are the hub of activity for "communities of practice.” Communities of practice are voluntary. Professionals join to gain access to peers, best practices, and education. What makes associations successful as communities of practice? Tags: ASAE 2010.

article thumbnail

Games Build Community & Associations: ASAE Technology Conference Session

Web Courseworks

I like to think that I was placed in this “closing” position because conference organizers felt that the topic of “Using eLearning Games to Recruit, Engage, and Educate Members” would keep attendees energized until the very end of the conference. I plan not to disappoint!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Creating a Vibrant Learning Community

Kapp Notes

Today I am presenting at Immaculata University on the topic of Creating a Vibrant Learning Community as part of a faculty workshop. Communities Of Practice View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. They are expecting "customized" education. They have a consumer expectation of education.

Community 100
article thumbnail

Five tools for global educators

Learning with e's

In effect, through the use of social media and telecommunication technologies, these teachers are becoming global educators. I consider myself a global educator and have tried to articulate my ideas on why this is a different role to traditional teaching. Blog: Blogging is arguably one of the most powerful tools for global education.

Global 98
article thumbnail

Presence Pedagogy: Needs Some More Dimensions

Kapp Notes

The other day, I discovered an interesting article, Presence Pedagogy: Teaching and Learning in a 3D Virtual Immersive World , which describes an educational approach for conducting a learning event in a virtual immersive environment. Tags: 3D worlds Avatar virtual immersive environment.

Pedagogy 170
article thumbnail

TCC08: Creating and Teaching a College-Level Undergraduate Course in Social Networking

Experiencing eLearning

Past predictions about online communities assumed text because that was what was available. Wachovia is testing social networking for sharing information and developing community within the community. YouTube–lots of educational resources. More communities of practice. Will teach with blogs and a wiki.

article thumbnail

27 Books for L&D Folks.

ID Reflections

6 Knowledge Management Cultivating Communities of Practice Etienne Wegner, et al. 10 Design/Communication/Business/Presentation The Back of the Napkin Dan Roam. 11 Communication/Presentation/Business Made to Stick Dan and Chip Heath. 12 Change management/Communication/Self management/Innovation Switch Dan and Chip Heath.