Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Google Remove Informal
article thumbnail

The most updated and informative e-Learning community on Twitter

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 11/28/2010 The most updated and informative e-Learning community on Twitter On Twitter exists a resourceful community of e-Learning professionals. The honor is mine! I just change it!

Twitter 108
article thumbnail

PLN or CoP?

Learning with e's

Type "PLN and CoP" into Google, and you''re likely to be redirected to a currency conversion site (PLN is the abbreviation for Polish Zloty and COP stands for Columbian Pesos). In the context of this post, PLN stands for Personal Learning Network , and CoP stands for Communities of Practice. How do they differ from yours?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Learn Informal Learning Informally

Jay Cross

Next month I’ll be offering an experiential workshop on Informal Learning through Jane Hart’s Social Learning Center. Form an on-going community of practice. Network socially with Socialcast, Buddypress, GoToMeeting, Google+. review models, cases, archetypes of successful informal learning.

article thumbnail

Friday Finds: The Best of Learning, Design & Technology | October 1, 2021

Mike Taylor

The scientific community is crystal clear about DISC and MBTI: they predict nothing. 21 Exceptional Google Fonts You Probably Haven’t Discovered Yet. I’m a font geek and Google Fonts is my ‘go to’ source for fonts. The Communities of Practice Playbook. Last week’s most clicked item: Top Free Design Resources.

Design 52
article thumbnail

8 Best practices to facilitate informal learning

Matrix

Without ruling out traditional L&D practices, informal learning should find its way into today’s workplace. Read more: The truth about informal learning: it happens all the time, anywhere. 8 practices to facilitate informal learning. First of all, it is very cost effective. Employee set-up CoPs. All in all.

article thumbnail

7 Strategies to Facilitate “Working Out Loud”

Learnnovators

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes. Take Linux or the GitHub community for example.

article thumbnail

Re-imagining Work & Learning in a Networked World

ID Reflections

How do we help organizations see that social and informal learning is not a new and fancy way to learn but an essential requirement in a complex, rapidly changing, and uber connected world? Or will work itself subsume learning enabled by a transformed L&D / facilitators / coaches / mentors and the "right" organizational culture?

Network 202