article thumbnail

FREE Alternative to SharePoint

LearnDash

For those of us in the learning community, we know that the courses, training documents, and other files can become very large in a short amount of time. In either case, a perfect solution is Microsoft SharePoint, but to be honest, this isn't very practical for personal use and the price point can be quite high.

article thumbnail

Using SharePoint

Tony Karrer

I've been having fabulous conversations about using SharePoint. SharePoint is so flexible and the documentation for it is so big and diverse, that a big part of my goals have been to understand the different ways that training organizations are using SharePoint. They would share course materials, project plans, documents.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What’s Your Learning Tool Stack?

Clark Quinn

Collaborative documents are a really valuable tool here so you’re not sending around email (though I’m doing that with one team right now, but it’s only back forth, not coordinating between multiple people, at least on my end!). From there we move up to the community level. Certainly ongoing discussions are supported.

article thumbnail

Do you know your E-learning Buckets?

Integrated Learnings

It is often the bane of the learning community because everyone has experienced a bad disengaging page turner that puts them to sleep. In the past I've used systems like wikis, Lotus Notes, and SharePoint to serve as knowledge management systems. Self-paced learning content is typically consumed by learners at their own pace and time.

article thumbnail

How Presence | Dynamic Integrated Learning Content With Productivity Tools To Enhance Personal Development

looop

Before Looop, Presence relied heavily on SharePoint and other LMS platforms. They quickly realised using a document library or site collection was not an ideal way of getting employees trained, and their other LMS platforms weren’t delivering what they needed. Looop has also built a community for their customers.

article thumbnail

12 Free Microsoft Teaching Tools

DigitalChalk eLearning

With their growing community, you can create and share innovation. Manage, store, and share your classroom documents all in one place, securely and easily. View, edit, and share files online with your students through SharePoint and Office Web Apps. Learning Suite by Microsoft. Photosynth. Mathematics Add-In for Word.

article thumbnail

What Types of Training Can You Import Into an LMS?

Convergence Training

But you’ll also probably want to import things like video files, audio files, internet links, SharePoint links, PowerPoint presentations, PDFs, and more. This includes links to videos that are hosted online at sites like YouTube, links to videos on your organization’s SharePoint or similar internal website, and actual video files.