Remove ASTD Remove Community Remove Learning Remove Problem
article thumbnail

ASTD's Big Question for December 2008: New Learning

Kapp Notes

The ASTD Big question this month is What did you learn about learning in 2008? I learn so much all the time from students, clients and colleagues, it is hard to narrow it down to just two or three things, but I'll try. Here are a few of the lessons I have learned. Then begin to design your mobile learning objects.

article thumbnail

Gamification Basics

Web Courseworks

Gamification is revolutionizing the field of learning and development. Gamification Strategies for Instructional Designers and Trainers skills seminar I led at the recent ASTD Chicagoland Chapter meeting at the DePaul University School for New Learning on September 18 th. That was the main thrust of the Game On!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Gamification Basics

Web Courseworks

Gamification is revolutionizing the field of learning and development. Gamification Strategies for Instructional Designers and Trainers skills seminar I led at the recent ASTD Chicagoland Chapter meeting at the DePaul University School for New Learning on September 18 th. That was the main thrust of the Game On!

article thumbnail

It’s (almost) out!

Clark Quinn

My latest tome, Revolutionize Learning & Development: Performance and Innovation Strategy for the Information Age is out. The major components are: what’s wrong (you can’t change until you admit the problem :). what we know about how we think, work, and learn that we aren’t accounting for. Well, sort of.

article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: With Community Comes Great Responsibility

Learning Visions

Cammy Beans Learning Visions Musings on eLearning, instructional design and other training stuff. Thursday, August 09, 2007 With Community Comes Great Responsibility In reflecting over the benefits of the first week or so of the 31 Days to Better Blogging Challenge , the biggest thing for me has been the overall boost in community.

Community 100
article thumbnail

#TK11 Keynote: Google’s Karen Wickre and Ann Farmer

Learning Visions

These are my live blogged notes from Thursday’s keynote at ASTD TK11 with Karen Wickre (Global Communications Team) and Ann Farmer from Google. Facebook – a consumer marketing platform – great for promotions, contest, activities, feedback on naming things, civic and community involvement Communicate with an educational mindset.

FAQ 200
article thumbnail

5 Free PowerPoint E-Learning Templates

Rapid eLearning

Or the organization creates rules about using them that are more problematic than problem-solving. On a shoestring budget, you’ve got to know where to find good free resources and then learn to use them to help build effective elearning courses. How To Design Custom PowerPoint Templates for E-Learning. Great price. Sign up now.