Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Emergent Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

Social Learning vs. Communities of Practice

Janet Clarey

When it comes to the terms “Social Learning” and “Communities of Practice”, many people in the corporate learning realm are confused, myself included. We think we know what these mean one day, and then the next day a new theory or idea emerges that turns the whole idea of each upside down and inside out. technologies.

article thumbnail

Effective Community Management: Best Practices for Success

learnWorlds

Well, this is where community management swoops in as the game-changer. Companies that build strong learning communities , as found by Salesforce in 2021, are 3.5 The latest study from IBM showed that online learning communities can boost employee productivity by a whopping 20%. But it’s not just students.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Recommended Reading Summary: A Chapter of “Emerging Technologies for the Classroom”

Adobe Captivate

Chapter 9: “ Like, Comment, Share: Collaboration and Civic Engagement Within Social Network Sites ,” by Greenhow and Lee, in Emerging Technologies for the Classroom: A Learning Sciences Perspective. Social media and social networking sites allow individuals and groups to collaborate and learn together.

article thumbnail

PLN or CoP?

Learning with e's

That''s quite an apt result because Google and many of the other large, supposedly ''free'' social media tools are very much focused on making money to sustain their operations. Nor is it about the morality of social media companies. But this post is not about money. Finally, CoPs are usually something you subscribe into.

article thumbnail

Lurking is Not a Static State

ID Reflections

Lurking and its role in communities has been on the forefront of my mind for the past few days. It has received a lot of attention in the past from the thought leaders in the realm of learning and the role of communities in personal as well as organizational learning. This is especially true of communities in enterprises.

article thumbnail

Hitting the Road to Talk Social Media

OpenSesame

As a social media enthusiast, I’m eager to demonstrate the incredible value that social networks can offer to people – who are isolated physically – in connecting them to communities of practice who share their interests and challenges. My series of blog posts on social learning.

article thumbnail

The differences between learning in an e-business and learning in a social business

Jane Hart

Although the advent of e-technology in the late 1990s changed businesses into e-businesses, this was essentially about automating existing business thinking and practices. Similarly e-learning was also about automating traditional training practices. Social learning. Emerging interest in this type of work as a way of.