article thumbnail

Using SharePoint

Tony Karrer

I've been having fabulous conversations about using SharePoint. SharePoint is so flexible and the documentation for it is so big and diverse, that a big part of my goals have been to understand the different ways that training organizations are using SharePoint. These would be external consituents.

article thumbnail

What’s Your Learning Tool Stack?

Clark Quinn

For me, it’s Word for writing, OmniGraffle for diagramming (as this one was created in), WordPress for this blog (my thinking out loud; it is for me, at least in the first instance), and a suite of note taking software (depending on type of notes) and personal productivity. From there we move up to the community level.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

When Remote Work is an Unexpected Necessity: How to Overcome Short-Term Disruption and Plan for the Future

Vitalyst

Source: Global Workplace Analytics’ analysis of 2018 American Community Service data.). They must also provide remote workers with resources to stay productive—support for when they have software questions or issues, plus training and coaching for critical applications like Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, and others.

article thumbnail

Top 10 eLearning Predictions for 2010

Tony Karrer

The example they cite sounds like actually hacking – but I believe that we are going to see more and more employees taking initiative to end run the barriers in order to leverage networks, communities, and tools that extend beyond the boundaries of the organization. Lots of managers will choose to look the other way. A lot like Jack.

article thumbnail

12 Free Microsoft Teaching Tools

DigitalChalk eLearning

With their growing community, you can create and share innovation. View, edit, and share files online with your students through SharePoint and Office Web Apps. The post 12 Free Microsoft Teaching Tools appeared first on eLearning Online Training Software. Learning Suite by Microsoft. Photosynth. Chemistry Add-In for Word.

article thumbnail

Acquistions – Someone had an idea

eLearning 24-7

Instead, it was someone from Macromedia Dreamweaver, which is software for building websites. Someone came up with the idea of an LCMS (RIP) Community of Practice (yuck, first it went the way of the dodo bird, then has made a comeback – just like the dodo bird – which is being re-created genetically).

Ideas 84
article thumbnail

Building a Learning and Performance Support Ecosystem (Steve Foreman) #elguild

Learning Visions

Performance Support: complete processes and tasks, make decisions software help (sims, walk-throughs, etc.) Access to Experts: ask questions, get guidance A directory of experts in your org (could be Sharepoint). You''re interested in getting guidance on a topic - you search your org to find who has that expertise.