article thumbnail

Diigo’s New Release

Experiencing eLearning

This is what I use to keep track of all my resources and what generates my Daily Bookmarks posts. They really are trying to create ways to easily find communities around specific topics and sites; this has some real possibilities for building learning communities. Technorati Tags: diigo , socialbookmarking , socialnetworking.

Diigo 170
article thumbnail

Tools for Getting Started in Second Life

Experiencing eLearning

I’ve bookmarked a few Second Life resources previously. For educational purposes, I’m sure the folks at the SLED (Second Life Education) community would have lots of ideas. This wiki with educational uses of Second Life has a number of resources. Karl Kapp’s MSIT Second Life wiki has lots of resources.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

TCC08: Creating and Teaching a College-Level Undergraduate Course in Social Networking

Experiencing eLearning

Past predictions about online communities assumed text because that was what was available. Wachovia is testing social networking for sharing information and developing community within the community. YouTube–lots of educational resources. More communities of practice. Will teach with blogs and a wiki.

article thumbnail

TCC08: Social Bookmarking to Support Professional Practice

Experiencing eLearning

Del.icio.us: most popular, emphasis is on community. Digg: community-based news, user ranking. Pros of Social Bookmarking: New communities. This is an interesting concept–I guess I’m not sure that I see as much use for resources only collected by experts without the users contributing on their own.

article thumbnail

TCC08: Transitioning from WebCT to Sakai

Experiencing eLearning

Saw benefits of new features–collaboration, easier to learn, sharing resources between courses. Q: How would you do one-on-one mentoring at the community college level where you don’t have grad students to use? A: Leadership, with input from the university community. Expectations. Could see benefits even if hesitant.

Webct 170
article thumbnail

5 Simple Ways to Get Started with E-Learning Development - The Rapid eLearning Blog

Rapid eLearning

Performance Consulting : This is a great resource to help you learn how to work with your clients and build a training course that will focus on real results. One of the most popular threads in the Articulate Community Forum is one where people share their projects. Become part of the user community. Collect free resources.

article thumbnail

Telecommute Instructional Design Jobs

Experiencing eLearning

This idea was mentioned on Problogger as a way to promote your blog, find out what content is actually relevant to your readers, and improve interaction and community. Online colleges and universities, including community colleges, may be more likely to have telecommute opportunities. Last week, I got a great question from Robert K.: