Remove 2002 Remove Community Remove Learning Remove Problem
article thumbnail

The Knowledge and Learning Transfer Problem

Performance Learning Productivity

I’d used the phrase ‘learning delivery’ when describing computer-supported collaborative learning ( CSCL ) approaches. CSCL was one of the hot pedagogical approaches of the day – when network-based learning was in its relative infancy. Learning takes place in our heads. Learning is a highly contextual activity.

Problem 194
article thumbnail

Cohort-Based Learning (Online) – Learning Systems Hot Trend in 2023

eLearning 24-7

When I was putting together this post, I knew it would not be as simple as say, this is cohort-based learning, this is why it is so amazing, and why vendors are jumping to it, as well as folks in L&D. If they are missing just one, it is not cohort-based learning. It is not as simple. There are pluses for doing it, and yes, cons.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Connected pedagogy: Social networks

Learning with e's

I wrote that: "The age of social technologies has radically transformed the way we live our lives, and that includes how we learn and teach. Connected students can become the nodes of their own production, and are creating more content than ever before as they perform their learning for global audiences."

article thumbnail

Quotes and excerpts on the need for Learning 2.0 from the Best of T+D: 2007-2009

ID Reflections

Shaffer in How Computer Games Help Children Learn (quoted by Harold Jarche in T+D) Creativity is a conversation--a tension--between individuals working on individual problems, and the professional communities they belong to. In a flattened learning system, there are fewer experts and more fellow learners on paths that may cross.

article thumbnail

The Broken Dream – LXP

eLearning 24-7

They so buy into it, as the best way to learn X or Y, that there is a movement to add synchronous-based learning, back in the day, we referred to SBL as sticking the classroom teaching method online. However, it does not mean that the LXP type (in the learning system space) is the same hot commodity it once was. The problem?

article thumbnail

2022 Talent Development: Trends and Predictions [Report]

The Training by Nelle Blog | Corporate Training and Consulting

Communication skills in the workplace are more than just learning basic etiquette, it’s also becoming proficient in using virtual tools to communicate – whether it’s Slack or Zoom. Preserving Organizational Knowledge Houston, we have a major problem. According to the U.S Census Bureau , over 4.4

Trends 52
article thumbnail

Keeping eLearning standards grounded in the rapidly-changing world of web browsers

Rustici Software

As learning standards experts here at Rustici Software , we know that the standards like SCORM, xAPI, cmi5, and AICC by and large remain constant and unchanged year over year. Our engineering team uncovered this update, saw the potential for the problems it would cause with our Rustici Engine customers, and released a patch to fix it.