| || |
| | TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING
SEPTEMBER 17, 2012 20 Augmented Reality Experiments in Education
Have you looked into augmented reality and what is being done with it to redefine education? found this blog post from onlineuniversities.com very interesting. Augmented reality is one of those trends. Many of these result in some of the most creative, engaging experiences imaginable, and as adherence grows, so too will students of all ages. FETCH! These are interesting times! Jodi Harrison.
| | E-LEARNING PROVOCATEUR
NOVEMBER 25, 2012 The future of MOOCs
MOOCs get a bad rap. Dismissed as prescriptive, or teacher-centric, or unsocial, or something else, it’s like a badge of honour to espouse why you dislike MOOCs. Despite their pedagogical flaws, however, MOOCs provide unprecedented access to quality content for millions of learners. Consider the teenager in central Australia whose school has only one teacher. I’ll explain later.).
| | I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED
SEPTEMBER 29, 2012 PowerPoint: Create an Infographic
by AJ George If you need to create an Infographic, there are better programs than PowerPoint that you could use. Photoshop would be a good choice, or maybe Fireworks. That being said, PowerPoint is likely on your office computer right now. Additionally, PowerPoint is often underutilized as a design platform and is surprisingly agile. First you'll need to design your infographic.
| | STOATLY DIFFERENT
JANUARY 8, 2012 Top 50 Education and Technology Journals
I’m knee-deep in literature review at the moment for my doctorate. Such a joyous way to start the new year! Anyhow, a part of this has been to review the quality rankings of journals in the area. It was a bit of a pain so I thought I would share the results, just in case some poor unfortunate soul needs to do something similar! Using the SJR indicator, (González-Pereira et al, 2010) available through the SCImago Journal & Country Rank portal, Journals within Social Sciences and Education were ranked according to quality score. Title. Total Docs. 2011). Total Docs. 3years). 0.089.
| || || || |
SOCIAL LEARNING BLOG How to Evaluate Learning: Kirkpatrick Model for the 21st Century—A Revision
| THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2012
I was asked by Wendy Kirkpatrick to remove the copyrighted Kirkpatrick diagrammatic model from my original blog post, How to Evaluate Learning: Kirkpatrick Model for the 21st Century. This revised post includes a step-by-step table as a replacement for that diagram. think the table actually makes the process easier to understand. According to Donald L. Kirkpatrick’s Revised “Four Levels of Evaluation” model , what we need to do is find out what success looks like in the eyes of these senior managers and stakeholders and let them define their expectations for the training program. Level 2. MORE >>
BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE Game Based Learning – Why Does it Work?
| SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2012
This is the full text of a “scroll of knowledge” from the Knowledge Guru himself. He will be appearing in person at DevLearn to hand out scrolls and spread the word that game-based learning works. Learning Brief by Sharon Boller. Forty years of research [i] says yes, games are effective learning tools. People learn from games…and they will learn MORE from a game than from other forms of learning. ii] However, most people don’t get WHY games work , which causes them to dismiss games as frivolous. Let’s start with the fun. Fun can be: Winning ! Triumphing. Collaborating. Collecting. MORE >>
WIRED@HEART Rubrics for Assessments of Online Activities | Wired@Heart
| TUESDAY, JANUARY 24, 2012
This blog post provides resources for rubrics for assessments of online activities MORE >>
THE LEARNING CIRCUITS BLOG What's different about mobile learning?
| MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2012
As the doors open to a new era of mobile learning and performance support, it's a good time to step back and think about the new mindset required when designing for mobile. Although a mobile pedagogy will continue to evolve, we already know quite a bit about how people use mobile devices and some of the advantages of mobile learning. Mobile is Supportive It doesn't take much deep thought to realize that mobile devices are an ideal medium for supporting performance at work. And of course, mobile devices can also be used for voice communication. Only 3D simulations come close to this. MORE >>
ID REFLECTIONS The 21st Century Curator
| SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2012
If Web 1.0 was aboutonline access and Web 2.0 is about social nets, Web 3.0 will be coring down tocontent that really matters. wrote Martin Smith in the post, Curation- The Next Web Revolution. As mentioned by Harold Jarche in theslide share presentation, NetWork , the internet changed everything—in volume, velocity, virtualization and variability. And nowhere is this more evident than in the contentbeing created every second of every day. Take a look at this infographic which captureswhat gets created on the Internet every 60 seconds very nicely: [link]. But I digress. How do we make sense? MORE >>
- A List of Interesting Mobile Learning Links UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | MONDAY, MAY 28, 2012
- Four Articles & Papers Defining this thing called #Gamification KAPP NOTES | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
- Social media. All the kids are doing it. TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 6, 2012
- How I make my video podcasts E-LEARNING ACADEMY | FRIDAY, AUGUST 17, 2012
- Learning Technology Trends To Watch In 2012 THE ELEARNING COACH | TUESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2012
- My Favorite e-Learning Infographics SUDDEN INSIGHT | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2012
- Mobile Learning: More than just Mobile + Learning SOCIAL LEARNING BLOG | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2012
- 6 Mobile Learning Trends That Grew in 2012 BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2012
- Education learning management system trends ELEARNING 24-7 | FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012
- Using Twitter as a Professional Development Tool THE LEARNING CIRCUITS BLOG | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- Ten Online Training Do’s and Don’ts ELEARNING BROTHERS | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2012
- eLearning: How to Incorporate Gamification Elements I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2012
- Seven Interesting and Different Slidedecks on #Gamification KAPP NOTES | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
- History of eLearning Technologies TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | THURSDAY, MAY 17, 2012
- You teach swimming or prevent drowning? ONTUITIVE | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
- The edX, Udacity and Coursera Showdown BRAVE NEW ORG | SUNDAY, MAY 6, 2012
- Flipping Corporate Learning JAY CROSS | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- How to Evaluate Learning: Kirkpatrick Model for the 21st Century—A Revision SOCIAL LEARNING BLOG | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2012
- Piecing together collaboration and cooperation CLARK QUINN | TUESDAY, JULY 3, 2012
- Course Authoring Tools for eLearning Developers and the masses ELEARNING 24-7 | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2012
- Curation: A Core Competency for Learning Professionals THE LEARNING CIRCUITS BLOG | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- 8 Great Posts on Game Based Learning and Gamification BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2012
- A Course to Remember: Facilitating Memory Retention in eLearning B ONLINE LEARNING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2012
- Gamification in the Realm of Employee Training KAPP NOTES | MONDAY, AUGUST 27, 2012
- Apple iSchool? TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | MONDAY, JUNE 25, 2012
- PowerPoint 2007 & 2010: How to Turn an Image Into An Animated Puzzle I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- How to Create a Learning Culture in Organizations THE PEFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT BLOG | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- Video as eLearning: 15 Tips MANAGING ELEARNING | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
- Evolving Training Into the Perfect Hole LIVING IN LEARNING | SUNDAY, JANUARY 22, 2012
- Drivers of Yammer use in the corporate sector E-LEARNING PROVOCATEUR | SUNDAY, JUNE 17, 2012
- State of the LMS 2012 ELEARNING 24-7 | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2012
- 10 Visual Design Quick Tips THE LEARNING CIRCUITS BLOG | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2012
- 12 Ways To Learn In 2012 THE ELEARNING COACH | SUNDAY, JANUARY 29, 2012
- The Role of Content Curator in Workplace Learning E-LEARNING ACADEMY | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2012
- Some Differences Between Experts and Novices KAPP NOTES | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2012
- 9 Ways Mobile is Moving into Academia TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | THURSDAY, JANUARY 12, 2012
- The Future Of Mobile Learning UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
- 121 Blogs About Learning KNOWLEDGESTAR | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- Multiple Choice Test Questions May Be Replaced with Game-Based Assessments? MANAGING ELEARNING | FRIDAY, JUNE 29, 2012
- How to Evaluate Learning: The Kirkpatrick Model for the 21st Century SOCIAL LEARNING BLOG | FRIDAY, JANUARY 20, 2012
- Ideas For Making eLearning Training Videos More Tangible To Employees TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2012
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.