article thumbnail

Design for collaborative learning in the metaverse 

CLO Magazine

However, we also need to use it to provide a social touch and interact within a community at large. Learners are expected to find, develop and show their knowledge and skills individually. Leader boards, jigsaw puzzles, discussion forums and group projects all encourage learner access to peer knowledge.

article thumbnail

LearnTrends 2009 – Free Online Conference

Tony Karrer

We will bring together people who look at different aspects of learning and knowledge work to understand better what's going on in those areas and how we should be thinking about this holistically. I'm particularly looking forward to discussions of how: Enterprise 2.0 Put a comment in a discussion group or LinkedIn group.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Taking Stock and Making Choices: Working from home and other such stuff

ID Reflections

Bonds don’t form over a Skype call but over coffee and lunch when conversations veer to the personal and discussions revolve around interests. This taught me a few things about work, technology and myself. Work —complex knowledge work requires solitude as well as collaboration.

Stock 124
article thumbnail

How companies can Improve their Talent Development and employee retention

Matrix

Make certain that you discuss them as a part of the initial interview process. It also communicates how central these standards are to the business’ operations. But close guidance from business leaders can help to develop close bonds and more practical knowledge. Formal education can certainly provide relevant qualifications.

article thumbnail

Work Literacy Launch

Clark Quinn

I'm very happy to announce that Michele Martin and I have just launched Work Literacy - a network of individuals, companies and organizations who are interested in learning, defining, mentoring, teaching and consulting on the frameworks, skills, methods and tools of modern knowledge work. In fact, we all have blind spots.

article thumbnail

Work Literacy Launch

Tony Karrer

I'm very happy to announce that Michele Martin and I have just launched Work Literacy - a network of individuals, companies and organizations who are interested in learning, defining, mentoring, teaching and consulting on the frameworks, skills, methods and tools of modern knowledge work. In fact, we all have blind spots.

article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing in the Small

Tony Karrer

In Networks and Communities , I discuss the limits of search and how Evaluating Performance of Concept Workers leads us to needing to derive Value from Social Media. How do we leverage networks and other forms of social media to access the knowledge and capabilities of other people?