| || |
| | KAPP NOTES
OCTOBER 31, 2012 #DevLearn 2012: Kapp Presentation Resources
Wow, had a great 3 days at DevLearn, met some absolutely wonderful, fascinating and brilliant folks. Saw a bunch colleagues and friends, and had lots of fun in the Gamification Workshop. So the slides to the Gamification workshop can be found here. Here are the slides from my short presentation in the Expo. DevLearn presentation on Future of Learning from Karl Kapp. 2006). Reference: Baylor, A.
| | B ONLINE LEARNING
OCTOBER 28, 2012 3 Key Elements of eLearning Storytelling
Everyone loves a good story. We are surrounded by stories in social media, movies, advertising and the news. People love to share anecdotes and jokes as a way to connect with each other. The best presenters use stories to capture the audience’s attention at the start. What about eLearning designers? Do we need to be [.]. Articulate eLearning Design eLearning Development adult learning principles eLearning content eLearning course design instructional design Master elearning Course storyline
| | TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING
NOVEMBER 1, 2012 What Will Corporate Training Look Like in 10 Years?
Training is evolving at a break-neck pace, and corporations are doing their best to keep up with all of the changes. Training budgets are tighter, the development life-cycle is shorter and the demand for quality has never been greater. It makes you wonder what training will look like a decade from now. It will also be scalable and will support the latest Social Learning trends. Jodi Harrison.
| | LIVING IN LEARNING
OCTOBER 27, 2012 Tin Can & Performer Support – “Just Enough – Just in Time – Just for Me”
Have you ever explained something to someone who is either hearing it for the first time or is still trying to get their head wrapped around the concept? You know how they will nod slowly in seeming agreement while looking off into the ether and saying dreamily, “Yeah…” really, really slowly?” That far-off look is confirmation that they are indeed interested and yet remain clueless for the most part. The room was full of those folks in the Tin Can break out session where I heard this new sound bite.
| || || || |
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME The Future of Learning in a Networked Society
| THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2012
“This is the first generation of people that work, play, think, and learn differently than their parents … They are the first generation to not be afraid of technology. It’s like air to them.” ” – Don Tapscott. This powerful video has some of the worlds best educators and thinkers outlining their view on the ‘future of learning in a networked society’, including the likes of Stephen Heppell, Sugata Mitra, and Seth Godin: YouTube: The Future of Learning, Networked Society. think learning is just beginning” – Stephen Heppell. edtech. MORE >>
ENSPIRE LEARNING E-Learning Zombie Apocalypse
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012
A few years ago, hundreds of Austinites joined zombies around the globe (91 venues; 13 different countries) in setting a new world record of people simultaneously performing “Thriller.” I was among them. For weeks prior to the performance, small groups all over Austin (and the world) met in various locations to learn the steps and practice together. Shuffle back hop hop forward. Down clap slide slide slide stomp look left. Walk walk roar-turn, roar-turn, roar-turn…. And on the day of the event, the buzz of excitement was palpable. Is soulless training sucking the life out of your learners? MORE >>
KAPP NOTES Vegas Workshop Resources
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012
Here are the resources and slides from my workshop presentation in Las Vegas. Day One: Here are the introductory slides. Introduction Materials for Gamification Workshop from Karl Kapp. Here are the slides related to game elements. Game Elements from Karl Kapp. Here are slides related to motivation. Motivation slides from Workshop from Karl Kapp. Here is a link to information about Stone Librande and his“One-Page Design” concept. Here is a link to his slides from the 2010 Game Developer’s Conference related to the one page game design document. Day Two. Game Type Slides. from Karl Kapp. MORE >>
LIVING IN LEARNING Is Tin Can API Lipstick on the SCORM Pig?
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012
Last week [October 25th] I had the distinct privilege of sitting in on the Tin Can API break-out session that was presented by Aaron Silvers of ADL. m not sure of his exact title, but his role was in a leadership capacity on the Tin Can API project. His business card says “the Beard”…and while that was accurate, I still don’t know his real title. Given ADL was also the birth mother of SCORM, I walked in and sat down with a preconception or two that this was SCORM in a new dress. Wow, was I wrong! MORE >>
MANAGING ELEARNING Is an eLearning Branched Scenario a Game?
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2012
There has been an upsurge in the use of branching scenarios within eLearning development. Gamification advocates are now sprinkling in video game mechanics to turn the branching story into a game. Branching stories allow players to make a sequence of decisions that goes on to shape the scenario they are participating in. While branching scenarios [.]. eLearning MORE >>
- Social Learning is a Part of Our DNA TOPYX SOCIAL LEARNING | MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012
- Managing your Digital Footprint DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012
- Interviewed on mobile CLARK QUINN | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2012
- Online Systems for Behavior Change TONY KARRER | MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012
- Using ipads in teaching and learning - A second Introduction LEARNING TECHNOLOGY LEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2012
- Finding the Right Words: 3 Tips for eLearning Scriptwriting B ONLINE LEARNING | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2012
- 5 Steps To A PowerPoint Redesign THE ELEARNING COACH | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2012
- Adobe Lightroom made simple - post processing tutorials for beginners THE LEARNING GENERALIST | MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012
- #DevLearn-212: Taking Video to the Next Level SUDDEN INSIGHT | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012
- Adobe Captivate 6: Branch Aware I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2012
- ROI of Learning Games: Knowledge Guru and ExactTarget [Infographic] BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2012
- 5 Tips To Maximize ROI Of Your LMS UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2012
- #DevLearn-313: A New Agile Model – Leaving ADDIE Behind SUDDEN INSIGHT | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012
- Jon Landau #DevLearn Keynote Mindmap CLARK QUINN | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012
- Designing Learning Games for Multiple Devices BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2012
- Three lessons in communication from James Bond SPICY LEARNING | MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012
- Update from Masie Learning Conference and HR Tech Europe LEARNING ON THE LEADING EDGE | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2012
- Brian Brushwood #DevLearn Keynote Mindmap CLARK QUINN | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012
- Learning on Command ASTD LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2012
- Why is plagiarism such a big deal in our universities? DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2012
- Learn With Intensity CLO MAGAZINE | MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012
- Jeffrey Ma #DevLearn Keynote Mindmap CLARK QUINN | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2012
- Theories for the digital age: The digital natives discourse LEARNING WITH E'S | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2012
- Experience API: Will it sweep the eLearning nation? MANAGING ELEARNING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2012
- Porn, weed and fireworks E-LEARNING PROVOCATEUR | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2012
- The Need for Learning Agility CLO MAGAZINE | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2012
- From observation to breakthrough LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2012
- #DevLearn Edition of #TalkTech: Big Changes for Apple, MOOCs in Education and Jon Landau’s Presentation at DevLearn BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2012
- Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Next Conference E-LEARNING UNCOVERED | MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012
- The Design Thinking Mindset DESIGNED FOR LEARNING | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2012
- A coherent path to social business LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2012
- The Ed-Tech Evolution [INFOGRAPHIC] LEARNDASH | MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012
- Theories for the digital age: Postmodern perspectives LEARNING WITH E'S | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2012
- Job aids: an ensampler DAVE'S WHITEBOARD | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012
- Using ipads in teaching and learning - Logistics LEARNING TECHNOLOGY LEARNING | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2012
- #Devlearn TinCan panel: #Tincan is rocking our world CHALLENGE TO LEARN | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2012
- LMS Free Training - New Administrator Welcome Webinar: November 1, 2PM EDT LATITUDE LEARNING BLOG | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2012
- I’m off to #DevLearn – would you like to come with me? TAYLORING IT | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2012
- It’s about value creation LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012
- Team App Recommendations for DevLearn ONEHUNDREDFORTYWORDS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2012
- Ski Cam Man Upgrade ECONTENT | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2012
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.