| || |
| | BRAVE NEW ORG
FEBRUARY 6, 2010 Micro-Blogging is Good for Leadership, Good for Your Culture
Inside the organization, a dilemma now exists and is rapidly taking shape. Employees want to connect with one another. Reasons are plentiful, including but not limited to the following: Increasing job demands > less time to get it all done. Global workforce redistribution > 24 hour clock syndrome. Cross functional – cross pollination projects > less formal/hierarchical teams.
| | DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
FEBRUARY 8, 2010 Netiquette: a handy guide for online students
Nice laptop on a glass table. from Yuri Arcurs Website. came across this guide from the LSC (Lake Superior College) wiki of netiquette for their online students. Here they are (I have removed one or two as I don’t agree with them, and have put my interpretations at the bottom): Behind Every Name There is a Person: Respect the privacy of your classmates and what they share in class.
| | THE LEARNING GENERALIST
FEBRUARY 6, 2010 How to effectively architect information for your elearning course
As Instructional Designers, its always a challenge to balance meaningful instruction with information. Cathy Moore's action mapping framework is a great way to create lively elearning that allows you to include just the right amount of information in your elearning course. That said, our SMEs and clients will often say to us things like, "But we need to include _ in the course as well."
| | E-LEARNING PROVOCATEUR
FEBRUARY 9, 2010 Theory-informed design tips
In my previous article , I proposed a Taxonomy of Learning Theories to organise a few of the myriad of theories into some semblance of order, and to assist instructional designers in using theory to inform their work. In this article, I go one step further by listing specific, practical instructional design tips that are informed by those theories. Behaviourist design. Cognitivist design.
| || || || |
ELEARNING BROTHERS Handwritten Fonts – Where to Find Them
| THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
I’ve come across various posts lately about handwritten fonts and they can be a great addition to an online course. Examples of handwritten fonts being used: Here are some free Handwritten Fonts: Articulate. Da Font. TripWire Magazine. Instant Shift. Great Post: Tom and the Rapid eLearning Blog on when to use handwritten fonts. MORE >>
TONY KARRER What Makes an LMS Easy to Use?
| THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
I’ll have more coming on this topic, but today someone asked me how to approach is going through an LMS selection because the general feeling was that the existing LMS was too hard for users to use. In this case, it’s customer training around products that the company sells. They are doing a combination of virtual classroom training (via WebEx) and self-paced eLearning. They currently use Moodle as an LMS with some customizations. However, the resource who did the customizations is no longer with the company. Does a Learner WANT an LMS? eLearning Technology. MORE >>
THE WRITERS GATEWAY Are You a Fresher Looking for a Job in Instructional Design?
| MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2010
Times are changing. Getting a job as a fresher is no longer so easy, I guess. At least that’s what the popular job portals in India tell me. I was checking some popular job portals and found that most employers require candidates with atleast 1 year of experience in Instructional Design. This does say a lot about the current job market. This does not mean getting a job as a stark fresher is impossible. This means as a fresher with 0 experience in Instructional Design, YOU need to work hard to make it happen. Never go for brand names. Always go by job descriptions and your interests. MORE >>
WILL AT WORK LEARNING Learning Styles Reviewed by Association for Psychological Science AND FOUND WANTING.
| FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2010
The Association of Psychological Science commissioned a review of the evidence for the benefits of using learning styles, and the report is clear. We conclude therefore, that at present, there is no adequate evidence base to justify incorporating learning-styles assessments into general educational practice. Thus, limited education resources would better be devoted to adopting other educational practices that have a strong evidence base, of which there are an increasing number. 105) Research Citation: Pashler, H., McDaniel, M., Rohrer, D., & Bjork, R. 2008). MORE >>
JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY 25 places to find instructional videos
| MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2010
Recently I have received a number of emails asking about places that offer free instructional videos (on all subjects), so I thought I would put together a posting of the main ones that I know about: 5min. Life Videopedia - instructional and how-to videos. Academic Earth. Thousands of video lectures from the world's top. scholars. blip.tv. next generation TV network. Google Video. videos on all topics. Graspr - The. instructional video network. Howcast - How-to. videos. iCue -. fun, innovative, learning environment built around video from the NBC News. Archives. their students, e.g John Locker. MORE >>
- Seven Ways to Use the iPad for Workplace Learning UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2010
- Overcoming Information Overload ENGAGED LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2010
- 7 Tips for Quick & Successful Blogging LEARNING PUTTY | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2010
- LMS Tracking of Podcasts and Video Casts TONY KARRER | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2010
- Technologically Externalized Knowledge and Learning « Connectivism TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- Resources for "Enterprise Learning and Collaboration in 3D Virtual Worlds" Webinar KAPP NOTES | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2010
- Learning Curves and the Workplace Environment THE E-LEARNING CURVE | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- When a Rapid Approach Makes the Most Sense TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2010
- Learning in 3D Week 5 Stops for Blog Book Tour and Webinars KAPP NOTES | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2010
- Video: Don’t do this to your students … DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2010
- What’s Your ID Job Description? LEARNING VISIONS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2010
- Google Buzz in eLearning UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- Blog Book Tour Recap Week Four: Interesting KAPP NOTES | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2010
- Writing and the 4C’s of Mobile CLARK QUINN | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2010
- Interview with Ana Donaldson: Episode #5 on EdTechTalk ID Live LEARNING VISIONS | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2010
- What is being a curator of digital microcontent? Or, the one with the big stuffed animals at Wal-Mart. JANET CLAREY | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2010
- Images from Resources for "Enterprise Learning and Collaboration in 3D Virtual Worlds" Webinar KAPP NOTES | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2010
- Google Buzz and Social Learning: Connect the Dots VIKAS JOSHI ON INTERACTIVE LEARNING | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- A social interaction pattern language 1 of 2 JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2010
- Interactive Example: World's fastest track awaits sliders at Whistler TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2010
- Exploring the learning landscape STICKY LEARNING | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2010
- Using Learning Curves THE E-LEARNING CURVE | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2010
- A social interaction pattern language 2 of 2 JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2010
- PhotoShop 20th Anniversary Webcast TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- Top 10 eLearning Elements: Going from Good to Great Design DESIGNING IMPACT | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- Seek Sense Share LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- Where Social Learning Thrives JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2010
- HP Idealab TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2010
- Here’s How to Add Personality to Your E-Learning Courses RAPID ELEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2010
- Personal Knowledge Management LEARNING IN A SANDBOX | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2010
- Dealing with the disconnect #LT10uk LEARNING CONVERSATIONS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- Driving the Informal with the Formal BIG DOG, LITTLE DOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2010
- Communication and working together LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- Is it real or is it telepresence? ELECTRONIC PAPYRUS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2010
- Learning and Development Roundup (vol. 10) ELEMENT K BLOG | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2010
- For Some Friends Who Asked: How to Modify Your Twitter Profile BUSINESS CASUAL | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2010
- A Brief History of Pretty Much Everything JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- Ribbon Hero: An Embedded Game for Microsoft Office ELEMENT K BLOG | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2010
- THRIVING IN THE NEW NORMAL: PERFORMER SUPPORT | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2010
- Engaging the Community – where to start? SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLS | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2010
- Where Social Learning Thrives SOCIAL MEDIA IN LEARNING | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.