| || |
| | ZAIDLEARN
AUGUST 25, 2010 The Real Way to Download-Convert-Insert Videos into PowerPoint!
HOW DO YOU. DOWNLOAD YouTube videos? CONVERT YouTube videos into a format supported by PowerPoint? INSERT YouTube videos into PowerPoint (and run it offline smoothly)? Since I am always asked those three (3) questions above, why not screencast it once for ALL! This screencast explores these questions: ( Click here to download this screencast) TOOLS? Trust me! Now that would be AWESOME :).
| | LEARNING WITH E'S
AUGUST 26, 2010 Outrageous alternatives
What is the most outrageous alternative education scenario you could imagine? Children not attending school, but instead learning from home? Done it. Got the t-shirt. Distance education in the outback of Australia and other large area countries has been there for years, and so has home schooling in all its hues and colours. What about no school at all then? Nope, completely passe. Are we?
| | TONY KARRER
AUGUST 25, 2010 Sales eLearning – 21 Great Resources
I was asked about approaches for eLearning for Sales People. ve had quite a bit of experience with this and actually one of my very first projects was creating a pretty incredible eLearning solutions for Lexus sales people. Of course, it’s such a big topic that I decided to cheat and quickly point the person to eLearning Learning and particular to eLearning Sales , eLearning Sales Metrics , Sales eLearning Case Studies , and Sales Performance Support. Specifically, the web. In Part 2, I'll list some of the levels within one of the learning types. Most action plans last four to six weeks. Gable.
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
AUGUST 25, 2010 What are Learning Analytics?
Last week, I announced an upcoming conference in Banff on Learning Analytics ( call for papers can be found here). We have also set up a Google Group for discussions about learning analytics and the conference. What are Learning Analytics? I’m interested in how learning analytics can restructure the process of teaching, learning, and administration. What does this look like?
| || || || |
- The Evolving Social Organization
Tweet Co-author: Thierry deBaillon – @tdebaillon. Simplicity and the Enterprise. Most companies start simple, with a few people gathering together around an idea. For small companies, decision-making, task assignments and direct interaction with clients are rather straightforward. With growth, the simplicity ends. As every entrepreneur knows, the initial growth of a company is often synonymous with efficiency drops and decreases in profits, since administrative tasks, indirect structural costs and middle-term forecasts add financial and human pressure on early growth. Complication. MORE >>
KAPP NOTES Advice to Teachers in Florida: Don't use Facebook with Students
| MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010
So rather than teach teachers or students how to intelligently use social media tools to communicate(like people do in corporations or in everyday social interactions), a school in Florida decided to advise against such silly and dangerous Web 2.0 behavior without supervision. We are advising teachers to make good decisions online so they don't get themselves into trouble later." It seems to me that Facebook just made the inappropriate actions public, those teachers doing inappropriate things aren't going to stop doing those things just because they aren't on Facebook. Stay way.danger. Web 2. MORE >>
LEARNING VISIONS Cliff Atkinson’s Beyond Bullet Points
| FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
I’ve been slowly making my way through Cliff Atkinson’s Beyond Bullet Points: Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 to create presentations that inform, motivate, and inspire. While it’s geared toward the live, stand-up presentation (e.g., the sales presentation, the keynote, a lawyer’s opening arguments at a trial), there’s a lot to apply towards self-paced, asynchronous eLearning programs. Atkinson draws greatly from Richard Mayer’s research and writings on principles for multimedia design (see Richard E. Mayer, Ed., and then “how do I do this.” Have you read this book? MORE >>
CLIVE ON LEARNING How we spend our time in the UK
| THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2010
The BBC news website describes a new Ofcom report which surveyed 1138 adults in the UK to determine how they spend their time, in particular the media they consume. The findings are startling. The statistics suggest people in the UK spend seven hours a day – almost half their waking lives - "engaging in media and communications activities" The article goes on: “However, the average person actually squeezes in the equivalent of nearly nine hours of media and communications by multi-tasking on several devices. hours watching television every day.” people. MORE >>
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME Skype Ettiquette
| WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2010
Skype is one of those tools I have had installed but rarely used. Over the past few weeks I seem to have been using it nearly everyday; I don’t know what happened but all of a sudden it’s become more popular with the people I work with. Whether it’s a simple chat message (instead of the email or “walk down the corridor and open my door ) or a full hour-long conversation, it’s become my new best friend. Or could be my new best friend. The thing is; I can put an email to one side and deal with it when I have finished whatever it is I’m doing at the moment. MORE >>
- Want to Teach Math, Science and Engineering to Kids? Think Guitars KAPP NOTES | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2010
- IT & HR: Should They Merge? BRAVE NEW ORG | SUNDAY, AUGUST 22, 2010
- Weighing up the benefits of traditional book publishing CLIVE ON LEARNING | MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010
- Personal Information Management for Sense-making LEARNING AND WORKING ON THE WEB | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Agile is not. THE LEARNING GENERALIST | SUNDAY, AUGUST 22, 2010
- What’s in a Moodle SPICY LEARNING | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- Rapid Prototyping Advice for Simulation Software Courtesy Thinking World KAPP NOTES | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- Going from classroom to blended learning: Put it all in the blender and hit go! E-BITES | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- Patch for Adobe Captivate 5 to resolve Upgrade related issues ADOBE CAPTIVATE BLOG | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- How people learn: bedrock JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- World Texting Message Smashed!! (I guess this is good news) KAPP NOTES | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Join us for ID Live this Week LEARNING VISIONS | THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2010
- First day at work = reading that 1 million page manual! E-BITES | SATURDAY, AUGUST 21, 2010
- Microblogging in the Enterprise: Tips BOZARTHZONE | SATURDAY, AUGUST 21, 2010
- Proven Professional Roundup Week Ending August 20, 2010 ADVENTURES IN CORPORATE EDUCATION | MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010
- Ivan Illich and me JAY CROSS | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- Simple voting boxes to enhance learning IGNATIA WEBS | MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010
- Blogger Search COURSEWARE DEVELOPMENT | THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2010
- Some Interesting Business Simulations/Games KAPP NOTES | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Good Facilitators are Good Servants THE LEARNING GENERALIST | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- A New Strategy for Reporting IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CURVE | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- E-Learning Uncovered: Articulate Studio '09 TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010
- My all-time favorite learning event JAY CROSS | MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010
- Unable to open EXE files published from Adobe Captivate 5 ADOBE CAPTIVATE BLOG | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Creating Magic IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CURVE | SUNDAY, AUGUST 22, 2010
- Working Today - Preparing for Tomorrow: Houston ASTD Conference TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2010
- Mobile Learning: An Upside Learning Point of View UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2010
- eLearning & mLearning: Everything You Need to Know About Graphics, Part V I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Scope Shrinkage IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CURVE | MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010
- Articulate Presenter Tool: Printable User Slide Notes TAKE AN E-LEARNING BREAK | THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2010
- 21st Century Education From New Learning Institute UPSIDE LEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Weekly Bookmarks (8/22/10) EXPERIENCING ELEARNING | SUNDAY, AUGUST 22, 2010
- Similarities – and Differences – Between Training and Communication BOTTOM-LINE PERFORMANCE | MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010
- Why Work Smarter? JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2010
- Designing Social Processing CLARK QUINN | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- Employer-Employee Loyalty THE PEFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT BLOG | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Augmented Reality App from the Museum of London DONT WASTE YOUR TIME | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- Adobe Captivate: Slide Numbering Made Easy I CAME, I SAW, I LEARNED | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Do You Really Need Instructions on How to Use an E-Learning Course? RAPID ELEARNING BLOG | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
- Lifting conferences to become real learning environments IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- Of teachers and teaching VIPLAV BAXI MEANDERINGS | TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2010
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.