| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | IDIOT
MARCH 9, 2011 “I’m not an idiot!” – A Letter from an Agonized Adult Learner
I’m an adult, literate, and a professional. manage my finances, my investments, wealth and health with equal ease. manage my family, team, career, and social needs effortlessly. see no reason why I cannot manage my learning and training sessions. But my training managers tend to think otherwise. Here’s what my training managers think of my ability to learn: I cannot spot Next and Back buttons.
| | IDIOT
JANUARY 21, 2010 The Idiot’s Guide to Storyboarding!
(Warning and Disclaimer: Those who have not watched the movie 3 Idiots may find it difficult to relate to the 3 I references. No attempts to lay claims on the box office proceeds from the movie. ;). enjoyed watching 3 Idiots so did 200 odd people sitting in the theater. The movie achieved its goal – entertain the audience, engage them, and connect with them. 1) Creating a Persona. Courtesy: [link].
| || || |
| | IDIOT
MAY 5, 2007 Five Easy Ways Instructional Designers Can Hone Their Skills
Asim’s article really got me thinking into what should instructional designers do to make themselves valuable in the industry. Especially in the face of such a paradox – so many eLearning professionals yet NOT one fit our bill! It was only yesterday I was ruing the fact that there seems to be a vacuum of good instructional designers in the industry. This thought is echoed by most good eLearning companies who practice meaningful eLearning and not the giant eLearning production houses. These professionals come with a disadvantage. Do not execute tasks blindly or dumbly (if that’s a word!).
| | IDIOT
MAY 20, 2010 Celebrating learning and development professionals and their initiatives
Having run a training and learning consulting company for the last 6 years and having worked with clients, vendors, and fellow learning professionals; I realize that the world is divided into two parts - those who provide training (vendors) and those who need training (clients). Big thank you to eLearningArt for the useful stock images!). The angst is equal on the other side as well.
| | IDIOT
JULY 21, 2010 What are your success criteria?
Recently, I was interacting with a team of budding entrepreneurs as a mentor for the MentorEdge initiative. realized that most new entrepreneurs are passionate, enthusiastic and driven. At the same time, for most of them, the measure of success is how large you grow and how much money you make. Well, quick money is like quicksand, it disappears faster than it comes!
| | IDIOT
NOVEMBER 13, 2010 Sartup Saturday Hyderabad Nov 10 - Cloud Startups
Startup Saturday Hyderabad once again lived up to its reputation of being an active forum for startups in the city. Today's session was very topical - Cloud Startups. The objective of the session was beautifully articulated by Priyanka in her invitation email: "A peek into Hyderabad Startups dabbling in the cloud. Innovative solutions on cloud. Learn more about the product.
| || || || |
IDIOT Highlights of ELELTECH India 2009
| SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2009
The National Seminar on e-Learning & e-Learning Technologies concluded yesterday in Hyderabad in the JNTU campus. It was good to attend a conference on eLearning after very long. The ELELTECH India 2009 national conference was organized jointly by CDAC and JNTU. The high point of the conference was the speech by the chief guest (Prof Ananth, Director IIT Madras). He talked about the need for experiential learning as the key to effective learning. He shared his vision of education for all and how the NPTEL program was working towards this vision through the virtual IIT classes. MORE >>
IDIOT Are you offering a Merc when he's looking for a Maruti? – Are you scaring your clients away?
| WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2009
It's but natural that given the economic situation, companies are selling hard and aggressively in the market. But all the hard selling and aggression can be futile if this does not match the need of the market. Given the crisis in the industry, most companies have evolved methodologies and processes to strengthen their systems. This in turn means that their sales teams are under double the pressure to market these competencies as well as fetch business. Are you scaring your clients away? Often, more than the cost, an overly grandiose proposal can scare your clients away. What is your motive? MORE >>
IDIOT Startup Saturday - Hyderabad July 10
| SATURDAY, JULY 10, 2010
I spent an interesting Saturday with the Hyderabad Startup Group. The theme was Mobile. Apart from Farhan Azhar and Shiva the guest speakers, there were a couple of lightning speeches as well. It was good to hear Farhan speak. Farhan is a successful serial entrepreneur from Hyderabad. It will be good if someone can update Farhan's entrepreneurship ventures. His talk was interesting as he highlighted the key points about building products especially those that are self-funded. The key takeaways: a. Simplicity: The product should be simple b. Voice 2. SMS 3. Mobile web. Welcome your thoughts MORE >>
IDIOT Are Web 2.0 tools designed to support learning?
| TUESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2009
Whether it is Web 1.0 or Web 2.0 tools, we need to understand and evaluate the affordances of the tools and their abilities to support and deliver learning effectively. Today, I came across a case study that evaluates the pedagogical affordances of web 2.0 technologies. The case study makes some interesting points about the pedagogical affordances of web 2.0 technologies. To put it across in layman’s perspective, the case study analyses the abilities of web 2.0 tools to deliver training. 1) Very few of the current crop of Web 2.0 technologies started life designed as educational tools. Web 2.0 MORE >>
IDIOT LMS dialogs
| THURSDAY, JUNE 24, 2010
LMS vs. Learners. LMS vs. Learning - ROI. LMS vs. Deewaar. For all those Deewaar fans! Couldn't resist this one. And, apologies to non-Hindi speaking audience. The translation will not do any justice to the strip. -. Sometimes, LMS can also make us smile. MORE >>
- Thinking of Setting Up an Advisory Panel? IDIOT | SUNDAY, JUNE 13, 2010
- How to facilitate synchronous learning for real and virtual learners using technology? IDIOT | SUNDAY, MARCH 28, 2010
- Laziness, work, or social compulsions IDIOT | SATURDAY, MAY 15, 2004
- Workflow Learning - A Real-life Case Study IDIOT | SATURDAY, JUNE 25, 2005
- Usability in Elearning IDIOT | TUESDAY, JULY 5, 2005
- Myths About E-Learning Outsourcing IDIOT | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2005
- Understand Training Needs First, Propose Solutions Later! IDIOT | SUNDAY, MARCH 12, 2006
- Can Technology Companies Deliver eLearning? IDIOT | SUNDAY, JULY 9, 2006
- East Smiling, West Frowning! IDIOT | TUESDAY, APRIL 15, 2008
- Subsidies are like steroids - they may look attractive in the short run but they cripple you in the long run! IDIOT | FRIDAY, MAY 30, 2008
- Partner or Perish IDIOT | THURSDAY, JUNE 19, 2008
- Journalists! Wake up! IDIOT | MONDAY, JULY 7, 2008
- Is Small Beautiful? IDIOT | THURSDAY, JULY 17, 2008
- Online Learning Games - Top 20 IDIOT | MONDAY, AUGUST 18, 2008
- Designing Learning for N-Gen Learners IDIOT | MONDAY, AUGUST 18, 2008
- ICICI's Internet Banking - All Pain No Gain IDIOT | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2008
- What sets apart a great performer from a good one? IDIOT | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2008
- Wishing for a Google Writer! IDIOT | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2008
- Designing Training Delivered Using Web 2.0 Tools IDIOT | TUESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2009
- Workshop 2.0: Training 2.0 in progress IDIOT | FRIDAY, JANUARY 30, 2009
- Workshop 2.0: Session on Virtual World! IDIOT | SATURDAY, JANUARY 31, 2009
- Workshop 2.0: Insights and Ideas for Future IDIOT | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2009
- Design Thinking! IDIOT | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2009
- Siftables - A shift in the way we do things? IDIOT | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2009
- Kern's Second Workshop on Web 2.0 in Mumbai IDIOT | FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2009
- Kern's Second Workshop on Web 2.0 in Mumbai - Post Lunch IDIOT | SATURDAY, MARCH 7, 2009
- 5 things IDs can think differently about! IDIOT | THURSDAY, APRIL 9, 2009
- Do you simply test your eLearning product or do you evaluate it? IDIOT | SUNDAY, JUNE 21, 2009
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.