article thumbnail

The grassroots of learning

E-Learning Provocateur

Here’s a common scenario: I “quickly” look up something on Wikipedia, and hours later I have 47 tabs open as I delve into tangential aspects of the topic. In a sense, participating in the community is the curriculum.” That’s the beauty of hypertext. Dave posited educational technology is a prime example.

Bea 252
article thumbnail

5 MOOC Building Platforms

LearnDash

Kind of like when Wikipedia hit the scenes, we saw an influx of “Wikipedia-like” sites, templates, and software. Additionally, there are instructions for using other Google products (surprise, surprise) to create a community and to evaluate effectiveness. References: Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.

Platform 222
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Online Video: the Perfect Social Learning Tool? | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

Free online video is creating new global communities, granting their members both the means and the motivation to step up their skills and broaden their imaginations. But why is video so much more effective at accelerating innovation than, say, print – or even eLearning?

article thumbnail

Work in progress

Learning with e's

A key feature of social media is its open architecture, because it allows all members of a community to easily modify, extend or delete content. Wikipedia is a classic example of this kind of open space editorial freedom. References Engeström, Y. Nothing is permanent, content is iterative and everything is a work in progress.

Wiki 40
article thumbnail

MOOCs in Workplace Learning - Part 3: Launching a MOOC

ID Reflections

This is a continuation of my MOOC series and also a post that draws a lot from the #MSLOC430 community and MOOC ("C" type) that I am participating in -- the open section of the graduate course in the Master''s Program in Learning and Organizational Change at Northwestern University.

Cognitive 100
article thumbnail

MOOCs in Workplace Learning – Part 3: Launching a MOOC

Learnnovators

This is a continuation of my MOOC series and also a post that draws a lot from the #MSLOC430 Community and MOOC (“C” type) that I am participating in — the open section of the graduate course in the Master’s Program in Learning and Organizational Change at Northwestern University. FUTURE OF MOOCs – An Example.

article thumbnail

Mastering E-reading: A Comprehensive Guide to Ensuring Platform Compatibility

Kitaboo

Websites like Goodreads and Wikipedia can provide useful information about different Ereading platforms. Visit the platform’s website or refer to the documentation to find information about supported file formats. These platforms are more likely to have better compatibility, frequent updates, and active community support.